Chapter 76 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐩𝐞

Reina's Point Of View

It was dark. Pitch black. The last thing that I remembered was that I was sitting on the sofa watching Alvin and the Chipmunks in the lounge whilst waiting for Narc to return home and now I was here. Blinking rapidly, my eyes were attempting to adjust to where I was as well as the sense it would make for me to be here.

A cell. I was in a fucking cell. What the actual fuck? It was dirty and dingy as per a usual cell. I tried looking for anything for a sign of hope but there was nothing in sight and being tied up to a chair also doesn't help us at all. Just then footsteps approached.

"Reina."

"Jax." My tone was full of shock a confusion that he was behind all of this, "what the hell is this?"

He was smoking a cigarette while coming closer; he looked hot. No. No. No. Reina focus. He has you locked in a cell for no reason and you are going to get the answer that you truthfully deserve.

"You thought you could get away with deceiving me and my men?" he questioned with his ruthless pair of red eyes burning right through me.

"What on God's earth are you talking about?" I asked back with utter confusion all across my face.

He gripped my chin. It wasn't like before. There was no gentle o soft spot that he had for me just a harsh and empty grp with his nails digging into my skin. "Don't play fucking dumb with me." He sneered at me. Hs teeth were gritted; this was not the Narc that I went skinny dipping with and most definitely not the Narc that I was snuggling up to this morning. I don't know what happened but all I did know that it would not end well for me if he doesn't get some common sense hammered into his skull but he's Jax. The most stubborn person to even be next to and there was no point in reasoning with them.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I repeated and clearly, he was getting more frustrated and pulled at his hair.

"You don't want to speak, fine, guess I'll torture it out of you."

He went to the back of the cell where he had a rope. The thick rough ones. My stomach was at so much unease but nonetheless I kept it hidden so that he would not find out and prey on my fear. He put it around my neck and wrapped it tightly so that it wouldn't move.

"You ready to talk, oh wait you can't." he smirked evilly. How does he do it? How does he pretend that we had nothing and go ahead and torture me when I dd nothing wrong? He was wrong; the rope wasn't tight enough that I couldn't talk because I could but just wouldn't. He gripped I tighter.

"You're the rat. You made me actually like you and then ended up killing and injuring the people I proudly call my family."

"Les talionis." He snarked.

"Morior Invictus." I sneered back. He wanted me to beg him to give me mercy but that's losing my own pride and that would never happen. It could most probably kill me but when did I give two fucks about it.

He tightly pulled the rope so that now I was at the fine borderline of suffocating. Don't give him that satisfaction, Reina but that tear couldn't help but slided out. No whimpers just one tear sliding down gave him a smile. He loosened the rope and just stared at me.

I was tied down so there was no point where I had an advantage but here, he was staring at me mercilessly. He took my jaw and wiped the tear that slided down.

"Don't cry Reina. You look ugly when you do, you might want to have your last breath while you're still beautiful. No?" he stated grinning widely and turned around heading to go out.

"I love you even if you don't love me back and when you know the truth, you'll just hate yourself." I muttered but he caught every single word.

"Say whatever you want but won't be true since I have all the proof I need. Take your last breaths, Reina you'll need them anyway."