chapter 21

-Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets-

Me and Harry had finally gotten our own room, however, we shared it. It was Dudley's spare room and there was only one. I slept on the floor while I force Harry to sleep on the bed.

He tried protesting many times but I was till able to get him to sleep on the bed. Right now, Hedwig and Malekith were screeching and making a lot of noise because they wanted to get out if their cages.

"I can't let you out, Hedwig. I'm not allowed to use magic outside of school" Harry says but they both start trying to bite the lock on their cages "Besides, if uncle Vernon-"

"Harry Potter! Y/N Potter!" Vernon calls and I sigh, getting up from the floor.

I don't call Vernon or Petunia aunt or uncle because they're not related to me and I don't like them, so, what's the point?

"Now you've done it" Harry says and I roll my eyes.

"You get 5 minutes" I say to Malekith and quickly unlock his cage door, opening the window and letting him fly out.

Me and Harry quickly walk down and to the living room, opening the door.

"He's in there. Vernon?" Petunia calls and me and Harry turn the corner, seeing Vernon putting a tie in Dudley.

"I'm warning you, if you can't control those bloody birds, they'll have to go"

"But they're bored. If we could only let them out for an hour or 2" Harry says but Vernon laughs.

"So you can send secret messages to your freaky little friends? No, sir"

"But we haven't had any messages from any of our friends. Not one..." I argue.

"All summer" Harry says and I look at him, then back at Vernon.

"Who would want to be friends with you 2?" Dudley asks and walks between up, bumping into both if us.

"Who'd wanna even be around you?" I mumble and Harry stifles a chuckle.

"I should think you'd be a little more grateful. We've raised you since you were babies, given you the food off our table, even let you have Dudley's second bedroom purely out of the goodness of our hearts" Vernon says and I sigh.

"I just don't think it's fair the way your treating Harry. Just because he's not your son, you treat him like an outcast. At least for me, I am one. Him, he's still your nephew and you should treat him as equally as Dudley. And our owls will be screeching even louder if you don't let us let them out. They're bored out of their minds and have no place to go because you force us to lock them in their cages. It's not fair on them. You get to go out whenever you want but they have to be isolated just because you're worried about our friends" I say and he gives me a serious look.

"I don't want to hear anymore about it"

"But-"

"Enough!" Vernon interrupts and I heard Harry gasp. I turn to him, then Vernon, giving him a serious look this time.

"Don't interrupt me when I'm talking. That annoys me. Secondly, if you want Hedwig and Malekith to be quiet, then you'll have to let them out" I say.