VI - Four Clicks For Yes

The crash in the other room simultaneously frightened and intrigued the stowaway.

There it was: a glimmer of hope in the darkness. If someone had survived- anyone- then maybe there was a chance. A chance that they could get out of this place.

Being relatively young in age- or so they felt- the stowaway imagined this new individual as someone mature; someone more capable than themselves to get them back to the ground of whatever the nearest planet was. Maybe they were mature enough to actually think of a plan themselves, as opposed to pressing a big shiny button in the hopes that a legend from time gone by would reveal themselves and whisk them away to somewhere more happy, and less shrouded with imminent death.

Footsteps. The passenger was moving. It was at this point that the stowaway questioned the morals of the passenger. What if it was one of those... things that had performed the massacre. They moved with the same rhythmic pace, the same heavy steps. All that was to follow would be the monotonous voice and the stowaway's fate would be sealed.

Yet, they were ready. If it was a person of moderate intellect without a programmed need to kill, they could help each other to navigate deep space and find a planet to land on. If it was another machine, then none of that would matter. A simple hand placed on their shoulder from the machine would send a deep electric shock through their system and they would be dead in an instant. Then they would no longer need to debate their own demise- or the potential prevention of it- because it would all be over. And it would be a relief.

But it wasn't another metal man.

Frail, weak, and hobbling over at the same desperate speed as the stowaway, the stranger revealed themselves from around the corner. The stowaway was unsure what they were expecting; some superhero that could whisk them away, but whatever it was, this was the opposite. This individual was small in stature, with no overwhelming presence- so much so that the stowaway began to doubt that this person was new. Maybe they had spotted them after the massacre- they couldn't remember anymore- but they likely wouldn't remember even seeing them.

They continued to walk over, ambling towards the stowaway with a beaming smile plastered across their face. As they got closer, they extended an almost skeletal hand out for the stowaway to shake. They would have done so gladly, if it weren't for the fear that they would snap their hand clean off. And that would definitely not be the first impression that the stowaway wanted to give.

Despite the broken appearance, the passenger spoke with strength. A deep-rooted, internal need for survival that was innately buried within them.

'Meredith Earthset. She/her. I'm so glad to see you.'

[-]

There wasn't an awkward feeling in the room after the kiss, as you had expected there to be. After the moment had passed, you worried that the two of you would just... sit. Probably in silence until one of you spoke with the sole purpose of breaking the tension. But it wasn't like that.

It was quiet, but not in an uncomfortable way. With a quick encouragement, the Doctor was ready to face the room on the other side of the TARDIS doors. He clasped his hand tightly around yours and guided you out towards the suffragette.

'Right! Team! I've got a plan.'

'A plan?' Jack replied.

'Yes! A plan. The plan. You give me a suffragette held hostage with a conveniently engineered typewriter and I give you the greatest plan the world has ever seen!'

The Doctor strides quickly over to the typewriter. Pulling the paper out of the machine, he flipped the sheet and clearly displayed to you the words printed on the bottom.