seven. for shadyside

"FUCKING HELL!" Cardan exclaimed, kneeling down on the floor in anger. They were right there— it would have been impossible for Kurt to not see them. The three of them couldn't just run after the bus, since it was already a couple miles away. How the fuck were they gonna get out of this now?

"Tommy." Niki breathed out shakily, pointing to a figure that was emerging beneath the shadows. "We need to run."

The thing about Tommy was that he was extremely athletic, so as each second passed by, he was growing closer and closer, despite only walking.

In an instant, the three of them bolted away. Somehow, they ended up in the Mess Hall, and once Niki had gone in last Cardan locked the door and shut it tight.

"Okay. What the hell are we gonna do now?" she breathed out, taking a seat in one of the chairs to regain her breaths. God knows she needed it in case Tommy was going to chase them with his axe again.

Ziggy said nothing. Suddenly, her eyes grew wide as she ran towards the mixtape player and hit play. Wayward Son was playing— a song they often heard at camp since the counselors really liked it.

"You're leading him to us." Cardan said, eyes furrowed together in confusion. "Care to explain the fuck are you leading him straight to us?"

Ziggy led them over to the kitchen where they store the knives. Niki looked at her friend as she grabbed the largest one, looking at the two with an insane amount of determination on her face. "We're gonna kill this fucking psycho."

Immediately after that, Cardan grabbed a knife while Ziggy dragged Niki to the storage room. The closet they were in wasn't enough to fit the three of them, so Cardan slipped himself inside one of the corners. If what Ziggy was saying was true, then Tommy wouldn't bother him unless he tried to interfere.

As Niki leaned against her best friend, she could hear the door slamming against the wall. It seemed like the locked door didn't really matter as Tommy walked down to the bloody footprints that had led him straight to the three teenagers hiding in the cramped storage room.

The girl held in her breath, grabbing a mop near her since she didn't really have anything to protect herself with since Ziggy grabbed her before she could take anything. There was a sound of a doorhnob rattling, but Tommy seemed to give up after that since he started hitting the door with his axe over and over and over again.

The constant swinging echoed in the room. Niki gripped the mop tighter. The hole Tommy wad hitting seemed to be big enough since the swinging stop, and from the small holes in the cabinet, she could see his hand reach through the door and unlock it.

When the boy had entered the room, the music was still booming through the speakers. It was so loud, but Niki still freaked out internally when Ziggy leaned against her ear and whispered, "Stay in here. Don't go out."

Like hell she wasn't going to go out of the closet.

Before she could stop Ziggy, the girl already walked out of the small space, knife still in hand. The girl peeked through the hole, trying to see if her friend needed any backup.

Until the music stopped playing, the floorboard creaked, and Ziggy let out a loud gasp.

Tommy turned around.

Before he even had a second to react, Ziggy slammed the knife into his chest.

Everything next had happened so fast. It was like the knife was nothing to Tommy, since he instantly punched the girl in her face so hard that she fell on the floor. He pulled the knife out like it was just a common thing, and slammed her up into a shelf, chocking her.