.11

| Eleanor |

In a cranky mood, I kept my head down and walked along the brain dead zombies of a students.

Slinging my tote bag up, I was  dragging my feet on the ground. Why was our generation so lazy? I had always seen my father up and about. .you couldn't keep the smile off the old man face.

Guess he forgot to transfer that into my genes.

People had huge ass dreams while all I wanted was to lie down and be a potato for the rest of my life.

Unmovable and unbothered.

What did we learn at school, Eleanor?

His voice made me smile , the kinda smile I couldn't keep off my face. Great! I was smiling in his absence over something he said.

The weird thing was. .that kid was growing on me like a stubborn grass. He was charming , alright! The Brad Pitt smiles, the twinkies in his eyes and the laugh. .

Charming and hot. .to the point—

I was never ever going to allow him back in my space again. I had to guard myself knowing well how easily I could mess things up.

Rubbing my temples, I turned left around the corner and stopped. Paused. Halted.

One person nearly pushed into me from behind , annoyed at my sudden pause.

I heard a string of curses.

"Sorry not sorry." I said out loud and he huffed , shaking his head and muttering incoherent stuff.

I stopped because. .the aroma of coffee brewing inside the cafe had me soaring in the air. My mind was waking up . .I was the kind of person who needed one hour to defrost and now. .I was doing just that.

Defrosting and appreciating a simple thing as coffee.

What would students do without this magical drink?

The cafe lanini was tucked at the corner of a bustling street. I had been here with Willow a few times and actually liked the environment. Cozy and warm. .

Moving towards the glass door, my mind got stuck on the push or pull thingy.

Gen Z problems.

Wrapping my hand around the handle, I pushed it open and the charms hanging over my head jingled loudly.

Eyes snapped on to me.

I hated being center of attention. Gets a rise out of my social anxiety.

Gonna find a corner seat and—shit!

I was scanning the cafe for a seat when I saw her. The blonde bombshell as she turned around—flipping her hair over her shoulder. A cup of coffee in her hand.  The second her baby blue eyes met mine—she looked surprised and then determined.

"Damnit." I muttered under my breath as I watch her sashaying towards me. Men's eyes glued to her back like magnet. Girls eyeing her with open distaste.

I didn't want any drama so I turned around towards the exit in a haste manner and had taken a step when—

Her hand wrapped around my upper arm. Stopping me from escaping.

I shut my eyes knowing well this wasn't gonna end well.

"Eleanor." She called me softly, now stepping around me. . infront of me.

"Yes?" I gritted my teeth.

She smiled.

The audacity!

"Can I talk to you for a minute?"

I was most probably glaring at her. "What do you want?" I was stern. Not allowing her to think she could fool around with me.

"I won't take long."

I glanced away from her, my day ruined. " Don't have time."

"It's about Ryan."

××××××××××××

Being seated with a psychopath didn't make my mood improve an inch. I was sulking and generating vibes of aggression. I mean what she did—

"I know what you're thinking." She said slowly, one finger tracing the rim of the ivory cup.

A far away look on her face.

"Get to the point."

She sighed and leaned back against the chair. .her eyes vulnerable which made me uncomfortable.

"I know you think I'm this horrible person but," she bit her lower lip," it's hard not to get carried away with a guy like . .him. Ryan" She whispered his name like a beautiful memory .

"So carried away you decided to assault him?" My voice was dry.

She flinched visibly at the word.

"I wasn't in my senses! He wouldn't pick my calls or respond to my texts. .it had me going crazy! I deserve the proper closure."

"You did everything on your own. No one forced you and in case you failed to notice, I'm not Mark. You should be doing all of this with him."

She kept on looking at me.

"I did. He didn't believe me. No one does." her voice was low.

I leaned over the table , my hands cupped around the coffee cup.

"Look lady, you cheated alright? No one is going to believe a cheater.  " I didn't sugar coat anything.

I never do.

She shook her head with a rueful smile.

"Do you think I don't notice the way you keep coming at him, Eleanor? You sitting there acting like a judge. .what about you? You like him. .don't you? I see it in your eyes." She leaned over the table, her eyes challenging me to rubbish her claims.

Are we really doing this?

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not you ,Megan. I can never be you."

"But you're getting closer to ending up like me." Her eyes seemed smug or was it my imagination?

My eyes turned hard.

This girl wasn't making any sense.

"What is your problem?"

She lifted up her cup. "I'm trying to warn you. Stay away from him. He's bad news. I don't want to see another one going down the drain."

Strangers telling me to do stuff was an offense on another level but I didn't let my anger seep in.

And then I decided. .

I was going to get as much information from her as I could.

"How so?"

She swallowed. "Guys like him. .he had me thinking I knew him . .I thought I did, you know. Late night get aways. . having sex all over the place. .i remember the night I told him I'm breaking up with Mark. The second I said those words. .he felt like a stranger to me. .i-i don't know how say this but—"

"How did Mark find out about you two?"

She shook her head.

"That's what I'm trying to say. I wasn't the one who ratted us out to Mark. It was Ryan."

××××××××××