TWENTY - NINE

"Luna, take these to the RV

"Luna, take these to the RV." Rick said. Luna nodded, picking up the bag full of ammo and starting outside. She could hear Carl's heavy footsteps behind her, and she already knew what he was about to say.

"You're not going." He said as she reached the RV. "You're staying here to help protect this place, protect Judy."

"And you're insane if you think I'm letting you walk out those gates without me." She said, shoving the bag onto the rv before turning around. "Don't give me that look, don't you dare."

"Luna-"

"No, Carl." She said firmly, stepping closer and putting her hand on his chest. "We have talked about this before. We are in this together."

"I'm not letting you die out there." He argued.

"And I'm not letting you die out there!" She fired back. "You die, I die asshole. So either we're both going, or neither. Take your pick." Carl stared down at her, sighing.

"If I tell you to run-"

"I'm not going anywhere without you." Her voice was firm, though she moved closer and wrapped her arms over his shoulders. "We fight together, we survive together, and we die together."

—————

Luna's hand rested over Carl's which was in it's usual spot on her knee. The drive was already feeling agonizingly long, and they hadn't even been on the road for more than a few hours. Rick was in the back with Maggie, so Abraham and Sasha were up front.

"What the bitch?" Abraham's voice drew everyone's attention, the RV slowing.

"What?" Rick asked, coming out from the back. Luna and Carl both stood up, and Luna could see the road block. Three cars in the road, with men-Saviors, by the look of them-standing in front of the cars, and a bloody man laying on the ground in front of the Saviors.

"Enemy close." Abraham said as they came to a stop in the road. "We doin' this?"

"No." Rick said after watching the Saviors in the road for a moment. Abraham nodded, turning off the RV. Everyone grabbed their guns, and followed Rick out into the road, Carl grabbing Luna's hand as they stepped outside. The Saviors stared them down as they walked in front of the RV.

"He's someone who was with a whole lot of someone's who didn't listen." One of the Saviors spoke.

"We can make a deal." Rick said. "Right here, right now.

"That's right, we can." The same Savior spoke. "Give us all your stuff. We'll probably have to kill one of you. That's just the way it is, but then we can start moving forward on business. All you have to do is listen."

"Yeah...that deal's not gonna work for us." Rick said. "Fact is, I was about to ask for all of your stuff, only I'm thinking I don't have to kill any of you. Any more of you." One of the other Saviors started shaking a spray paint can he had in his hands, stepping forward to the man lying on the ground and spraying a large 'X' on his chest.