(ARCHIVED) The Past and Future

An: thanks for reading, I'd appreciate a like if you have time.

Chapter five: The Past and Future

Ram laid flat on the frozen ground, completely worn out due to mana exhaustion and blood loss, her face completely immersed itself into the frigid plains of ice that surrounded her. The blizzard that had already been razing the wintry forests of Gusteko became much greater over time; In fact, the snow almost completely submerged her body in a blistering blanket, hiding Ram and her trail of destruction as hours went by.

Her fight with the Archbishop of Envy had destroyed almost everything within the path she flew from; trees and several mountains had been shattered to dust just from the impact of his kick. Needless to say, Ram lost that fight, her rage won her over and she released the curse of the Oni God. If she hadn't done that, Ram would've won easily; she'd trained her whole life to fight against even stronger opponents, and some boy who didn't know how to use his mana couldn't possibly have challenged her.

"Ugh..." she grunted in her sleep from the pain. The entire left side of her body had been rendered completely useless and burnt vigorously in a pink flame that even the ice-cold snow couldn't put out. If her curse kept burning its way through her body at this rate, she wouldn't survive; even the world's greatest healer couldn't save her at that point. This "Oni God curse" had bound her for almost her entire life, keeping her from using her true abilities and constantly burning her insides, it truly destroyed her. She could almost remember clearly the day she gained it...

______________________________________________________________________________

"Rem... REMM!!" a short, pink-haired girl's voice screamed as blood spurted through the air. In front of her fell a gruesomely sliced corpse, and pools of fresh red blood rapidly rushed onto the ground in front of her. A feeling of dread crept onto the girl's face as she looked upon this dire ][

scene; it was almost as if she'd watched herself die entirely. Rem threw herself in front of a cultist's blade aiming for the pink-haired girl's horn. It was clear Ram instantly knew what had happened; her petrified face spoke for itself.

The small village in the background of the two girls had burnt to ash; almost every building had been engulfed in the sea of red flames. Within the streets, mangled bodies of the oni race had laid dead; most of their faces had become unrecognizable by this point and had been burned without a trace of evidence but bones. The Witch-Cult had done this... their infamous black and red striped cloaks that garbed them head to toe confirmed the many rumors of their existence; many other villages had suffered the same fate as this one already.

"Rem... Why?" The pink-haired girl cried as she bent down to hold her sister's already deceased body. *Drip, drip, drip...* blood fell off the weapon of the cultist that had murdered Rem, the many that surrounded Ram were all dead silent; even they couldn't believe what just happened.

"I said that you didn't have to worry about anything anymore. So why would you..." she weepingly whispered as she softly put down Rem's body. Closing her sister's dead eyes, she began to silently cry. Ram didn't want this; how could she have been so weak to need to be protected? She thought she could at least protect her sister. If anything it should have been easy. Right? After acquiring this much power she should have been able to protect Rem from anything; that's why she promised to do everything for Rem. her naivety laughed at her face and caused this scene of a disaster. Her parents, Her friends, and anyone she saw her entire life were covered with stains of blood. Her power had meant almost nothing in the face of this terror; even now, she could vividly still hear their screams in her mind.