Chapter 46 - Court Hearing(1)

The next morning,Alicia went home early and they decided to meet at the court directly.She had again applied for a day's leave today.At 8.30 am,a car was waiting in the parking lot with it's occupants waiting.Ryu was sitting in the car,reading some doc.u.ments with Ru sitting beside him,coloring in a book.On the front seat was Assistant Yang who was currently observing the surroundings so as to inform him of the arrival of his nemesis.Assistant Yang was well acquainted with Leona Knight and her history with the Longs'.He was also the only person apart from family who knew the entire history between the two.He was the one who had driven the little master and Master Ryu on that fateful day.He had been a witness to the inner devastation of the man called Typhoon.The incident had made Assistant Yang protective towards the Boss as well as little master Ru.He considered himself their honorary brother and uncle.

Disrupting his musings,a red sports car entered the parking lot.A beautiful woman alighted from the car.She was dressed in a modest black dress with her blonde hair tied in a stylish knot at her nape.She was wearing a wide brimmed sun hat and had the bearing and elegance of royalty.Assistant Yang immediately recognized the woman.Even though she was usually dressed provocatively in the past and much more moderately dressed today, her side profile looked too much like little master Ru to not recognize her.This woman was the little master's biological mother.Just as he was about to inform Boss about the woman's arrival,Ru gave a shout of,"mother!" and ran from the car.With his heart in his throat,Assistant Yang turned towards the running figure expecting him to run towards the court entrance where the woman in black was standing.But Master Ru was running in the opposite direction.Master Ru was presently hugging a woman in a light blue pantsuit.The back of the woman and her car felt familiar but Assistant Yang was unable to place her.She too had her black hair tied up but this woman's aura reflected power and strength even from her back.Assistant Yang received another shock when the woman turned around.Why was little master Ru addressing Assistant Lu as mother???He thought back to the incidents last week..Boss' eird behavior,sudden need for an extra assistant and Assistant Lu's audacity in kissing the master in public...So Assistant Lu was soon going to be Madam Long.He couldn't have imagined these two together but as she joined them and he saw them,he thought they were pretty well matched.

Assistant Yang politely greeted Alicia and she smilingly replied and they moved together towards the court offices.The other party had already moved inside and were seated in the courtroom.Leona Knight was seated near the plaintiff's table with her lawyer.Her fiance was seated at the benches behind and turned around when they entered.He gave a nod of acknowledgement to Ryu which was returned and then looked forward.

Alicia,Ru and Assistant Yang entered the row behind the defendants bench and Ryu continued forward to sit in the defendants' place next to where Neil was already seated.