Chapter 53 - Waiting for Tomorrow

After the judge's directive,Neil and Assistant Yang decided to stay backnand wait for Ryu.Ru had spent an eventful morning and was now ready to go home.As AIicia and Ru drove home,Ru was still talking energetically about the playroom while Alicia was occassionally replying.Ru could speak in monologue forever.He was good at talking to himself.Just as they were about to reach home,Ru turned in his seat and asked Alicia,"Can we go buy a present for father?It's his birthday tomorrow and I haven't got one.Uncle Matt took me present shopping but we couldn't decide.What did you bring for father?Father even helped me choose the scarf for you when it was your birthday.You even said it was the best birthday present you had ever received so we have to buy something just as grand!!"

Alicia agreed and turned towards the mall.She thought about the scarf..she didn't think he would have such eclectic taste.The grand scarf actually had cute ducks and smiling pineapples on it.She had assumed that the scarf had been chosen by Ru himself and hence declared the best gift ever. She had no idea that the scarf had been chosen keeping the tastes of a four year old girl in mind.Alicia readily agreed to the request and turned towards the mall.She was very hungry.So she thought that she could eat and do present shopping at the same time.She also thought that it would be best that the court decide in their favor tomorrow.Having the threat to his child removed would be the best birthday present he could get.

They entered the mall and after some window shopping went into a shop which boasted the name of a famous designer.The designer was famous for making customized gifts for his clients according to their tastes.All you had to do was describe the person you wanted to give a gift to and your preferance.One was able to choose from a wide range monogrammed cuff links,customized ties,watches etc.Ru was directly taken to the designer to be interviewed about.

The designer was known to be snooty and did not meet clients without prior appointments.But he had made an exception for Ru.Not many people were aware of the fact that Ru always had a big security detail following him.To ensure that he had a worry free experience.This security detail had informed the mall management of Ru's arrival and all shop owners were prepared.

Ru looked around the shop and could not think of anything he liked.He was looking at Alice when a man in colorful clothes came and introduced himself.Subtlely ignoring Alicia,he took Master Ru's hand and asked,"Who do you want a gift for young master Ru?"

Ru answered in a serious tone,"I want something for a man...He has to like it and wear it and it must be the best gift in the whole world.Mother,what should I look at??"

The designer heard the form of address and immediately kowtowed to the madam and started with his boot l.i.c.k.i.n.g.He could see the fame he would get if his designs were chosen by the little master.

"Of course Madam and little master,who do you want a gift for?what is the age of the person?"

Alicia had noticed the change in the designer's attitude and smirked.She had also seen the designer's greedy eyes and thought of the perfect gift.But before she could reply Ru answered,"He is really old..older than even dragons and he likes old things."

Uhhh..Alicia stared at her son as he described his father.Ryu Long was a man in his prime..She didn't think he would appreciate Ru calling him 'old'.She almost laughed out loud thinking of his reaction at being referred to as an oldie.

She bent down and whispered something in Ru's ears and his expression immediately brightened.He eagerly turned towards the designer and described in detail his design...

The dollar signs in the designer's eyes slowly disappeared...There was no point in master Ru buying his designs.The receiver would never wear it and his designs would not see the light of the day.

After the gift had been finalized,they happily left the mall after grabbing some food to eat.The worries of today were forgotten and there was anticipation for tomorrow.