Chapter 59 - Before The Marriage

"Ryu,we are just going to register our marriage today.Why all these preparations?",Alicia asked Ru in a whispering tone.

"You deserve an extravagant wedding.And I wanted you to know that you would get that soon."

Next,they chose matching wedding bands.They were simple in design but with engraving on the side.Each ring had the name of the other written in the insede in a stylized font and the date that they met.

Ryu,knew it was cheesy of him and not very creative but he wanted to keep it simple just like their relationship.

Alicia loved the rings and couldn't believe that he was doing so much for her.Everytime he did these little things for her the ice around her heart would melt a bit.Ryu Long was confusing her.One minute he would be careless and not consider her feelings and the other minute he would leave her shocked with his thoughtfulness.

Once the bands were finalized,the group of people sitting finally came forward and introduced themselves.

"Good morning madam.I am Ms Kim.Mr Long has hired me to be your stylist for the wedding.I must compliment you on your choice.You will look even more beautiful in that dress.This is my card.If you have any preferances,please do let me know and I will be availabe.Thank you."With this she bowed and the other person moved ahead.

"Hello Madam.My name is Mr Adams.I am to be your wedding photographer.I have left my portfolio here for you to see.Whatever you like,we can customise.I don't think there is a style that will not suit madam and Sir."

"Good morning madam.My name is Ms Lee and I would like to be the caterer for your wedding.I have also prepared the breakfast for you just now.Would you allow me to serve you?Mr Long said you would prefer simple fare for breakfast and decided the menu himself so I have only prepared some porridge,korean pancakes,tofu pudding,steamed buns and fruit.They have been set on the kitchen table.Please enjoy."

With this said,everybody left the living room with only her and Ryu in the room.Alicia quietly turned towards the kitchen without a comment.

She was overwhelmed.After that disastrous marriage she had not even dared to hope for a decent relationship.She was in no way prepared for this pampering she was receiving from him.Her eyes were wet and she did not want to cry and look pathetic.

Ryu sensed the sudden change in mood and was wondering if he had hurt her in some way.He had seen the shine of tears in her eyes.He followed her to the kitchen and was amazed to find that her mood had changed again.A moment before,she had looked on the verge of crying and now she was happily staring at the table full of food.

With a wide grin that stretched from ear to ear,she took out the plates and set them up.

"Hubby,you are the best...such delicious food.I don't mind waking up to such awesome food.My hubby is the best!"

The easy and sing song way she called him 'hubby' brought a loony smile to his face as he joined her for breakfast.The soon to be husband and wife enjoyed their meal in relative peace.

Ryu after finishing his meal,went to where Alicia was sitting amd being a glutton,bemt down and pecked her on the lips."Missus,be ready in an hour.We'll register our marriage first and then have a triple celebration."

With a vigorous nod of her head she saw him go to the door with a goofy smile.Then,as he was about to open the door she suddenly called out to him.He turned around to see her running to him.As soon as she reached him,she put her hands on his shoulders,leaned up on her toes and planted a soft kiss first on his red nose and then on his lips,"Happy Birthday!!" and before he could react,she had already reached back at the table.He went home with the same goofy smile on his face like Alicia's