Chapter 62 - Court Hearing

"Your Honor,a person who has finished rehabitilation may be given a second chance but a person with a criminal record is a much more severe case.Also,the fact that Ms Knight is rolling in money so to speak also indicates that she was involved in illegal activities for recreation.On one hand is a person with an unstable past and the other is a set of morally upstanding parents who are already caring for the child.I believe that the court knows best what is better for the child's welfare."

Neil's speech and evidences left an unexpected silence in court.Lawyer Zheng quickly turned to the evidences as Neil was saying his speech and was shocked at the thorough details provided.She had no idea about Ms. Knight's involvement in drug related crimes.In this country, the increase in drug abuse amongst the youth had increased in the past few years so the laws regarding people with drug selling were severe.Even many criminal court attorneys were usually hesitant to touch such cases...but this...she needed to give up her victory for this case...She turned to Leona Knight and in an accusing tone whispered,"Ms Knight you are on your own from now on.You are a convicted criminal and you dare to apply for child custody?And you have not even bothered to cover your tracks!"

Leona Knight was also in a panic.She had been arrested but when was she convicted?She had received bail and then all the evidence had been erased and the court case disappeared with bribes.So how???She turned around and saw a satisfied expression in Ryu Long's eyes.Seeing her look at him,he subtly raised an eyebrow at her and then proceeded to ignore her.

This further infuriated her and she poked at Lawyer Zheng."That cannot be true.The case had disappeared.How can I be convicted when I don't even know there was a case?Do something!"

Lawyer Zheng turned to glare at Leona Knight and then standing up,made a deep bow to the judge,"Your honor,first I would like to apologize to the court as I was unaware of this case.But,your honor,this is a case which is not from this country.So we need to confirm it's validity for which we need some time."

Judge Baek,glared at Lawyer Zheng and sharply reprimanded,"Lawyer Zheng!This is a court.And courts all over the world usually pass judgements based on evidence.Even if the court had not convicted Ms Knight,drug trafficking and drug abuse are serious crimes.Even being accused of such a crime is enough for Ms Knight to lose custody.No where Ms Knight has been able to provide evidence about her claims of depression and Mr Ryu Long's apparent emotional unavailability.On the other hand,it has been proven in court that Ms Knight had been lying by omission and had no intention of sharing her nefarious past."

Judge Baek had asked Ryu Long to submit evidence in court but even she had not expected such evidences.No wonder the man did not mention the boy's hospitalization.He did not need to expose his child to future threats when he could handle his ex wife this way.Ryu Long had silently finished all those people without lifting a finger.She was almost grateful that she was an honest person.

Taking a deep breath,Judge Baek continued,"Lawyer Zheng,you have an hour to give any evidences or not.After the recess,the court will give it's ruling.If you or your client are not present to receive this decision then your client will be held in contempt and blacklisted to ever apply for guardianship again.I hope that is clear."