24. Answers and Answers

­­­­SCARLETT

"These are only ten, where's the eleventh one?", Smith asked us.

After completing the formalities at the police station and ensuring that the matter is glossed over, we returned with the case to Aaron's office, to find everyone assembled there.

He kept it on his table and all surrounded it as if it's an angel dropped from heaven. I'm not being dramatic here, they really are gazing it like one.

"Did you guys drop that glass somewhere? Don't tell me we have to visit Stow's office again to look for it. I'm so tired.", Dylan whined.

"Tired of what? Travelling in an AC car?", Alex jibed.

"Okay, I meant my brain is tired.", Dylan scowled.

"Where is it? You didn't let me speak about it at the police station too. What are you hiding?", Aaron asked me.

"I know where it is. It's on the way.", I said and made a call, all eyeing me curiously.

"She'll be here with it, in a few minutes.", I informed, after hanging up.

"Who?", Aaron asked.

"See for yourself when she arrives."

"By that time, why don't you tell us what happened after you got disconnected.", Dylan asked me, flumping on a chair.

I narrated the whole incident, while all listened silently and wonder struck.

"Smith, you went to kill a little girl?", Dylan dramatically said.

"Shut the fuck up dude. I just did it to scare him. We knew the plan could backfire, so we both made plan B last night. I found the location of Stow's family and went after them. His wife was a nice lady, very gullible. She had to go shopping, so I offered to babysit the little girl at a nearby garden and she agreed."

"You should say a dumb lady, for trusting a stranger.", Aaron opined.

"Whatever, and then I also tricked her into giving the little girl her phone to play games. She agreed for that too and left. And Ella was even sweeter. I bought that child with just a chocolate. She exchanged the phone for that.", Smith chuckled.

"Kids these days.", Dylan giggled along.

"By the way, shouldn't you apologize Aaron, for doubting our good man Smith.", Dylan played around.

"No way in hell!", Aaron rolled his eyes.

"He'd have never doubted Smith if only he knew Marc sent him for us.", I informed, gaining a surprised expression from Aaron.

"Now who's Marc?", Dylan asked confused.

"Jesus Christ Scarlett! You involved the Mafia?!", Aaron exclaimed.

"As if you left me any other choice.", I rolled my eyes.

"Now that bastard would definitely ask me for favors in return.", Aaron whined, banging the desk.

"Don't worry, I'm sure you've done him enough favors in college days to ask for more.", I said.

"Whatever it is, but if Marc sent him", Aaron pointed to Smith, "this was the most incompetent move on his behalf. You were about to be ki... harmed."

"You're Welcome, you ungrateful piece of shit!", Smith rolled his eyes.

Meanwhile I looked around to find the others dumbstruck and startled. Yeah, Mafia has that effect on everyone.

"Okay guys, y'all heard nothing.", I nervously smiled.

"Trust me, I didn't.", Dylan said raising his hands in the air.