44. betty?

THE BOYS' DORMITORY was surprisingly quiet

THE BOYS' DORMITORY was surprisingly quiet. James was boringly making paper airplanes as Remus patiently tutored a very confused Peter, who had decided there and then that he absolutely despised Transfiguration.

And Sirius, well, Sirius was nowhere to be found. The other three boys assumed that he was off with his favourite blonde, but he was off trying to figure some things out.

The irregular and almost terrifying silence in the dorm was however soon to be gone as a group of girls angrily ran into it.

Lily Evans, Marlene McKinnon, Mary Macdonald, and Alice Fortescue.

"Oh, hey Lilyflower, to what do I owe the pleasure?" James asked with a satisfied grin.

"Shut up, Potter," the girl with fiery red hair said angrily. "Is it true?"

"Is what true?" Remus questioned.

"Is it true?" Lily repeated.

"We're gonna need you to be a bit more specific there, darling," James said, causing the girl to roll her eyes as Marlene scoffed.

The blonde girl seemed far more furious than the rest of them, since Lily was always able to keep herself somewhat calm, and the other two were angry but also there to make sure no murder would be committed.

"Did he bloody do it?!" Marlene yelled, causing Peter to jump.

"Do what?" James questioned as he shared a confused look with Remus.

"Oh, you know what!" The blonde said impatiently.

"Not really, no," Peter shrugged as he took a bite out of the chocolate bar that Remus had given him as a reward for finishing half of his homework.

"Oh, Godric!" Marlene sighed. "And was it you that told everyone about Inez too?"

"What?!" The boys screeched in unison.

"Is that why you are constantly hanging out with Claudia, too?" Lily asked.

"How the hell does she know that?!" Remus said worriedly as James tried to understand what in the world was going on.

"I saw her, Remus," Lily said in an annoyed tone. "Why are you doing this?"

"We didn't do a single thing, what are you on about?" James said as the door opened yet again, nearly knocking over Alice.

"Watch where you're going, Black," the girl said, but Sirius gave no response as he looked straight at James.

"I think I messed up."

•••

"Betty?" Claudia questioned as she sat by her desk with a big pile of homework.

Spending all this time with the Marauders had caught up to her quite a bit when it came to her studies, which meant that she had put the entire weekend aside so she could finish everything before Easter break.