Chapter 72 - Escape

At the Conference Room

The head of the planning was making a presentation.They had shortlisted and researched a few projects to invest in.The entire upper management of Lance Inc. was present for this.All departments had worked hard and were hoping for the shortlisted companies to be selected.Every employee was aware that whoever secured the interest of the CEO on their research would receive unlimited glory and benefits.Every quarter, a few projects were chosen and the presenter would be given authority to handle their respective project under supervision.If the project succeeded as per the projections then the involved employees would be given a percentage of the profits as bonus.This policy was enough encouragement for all employees to work hard.

However,many employees were courageous enough to make this presentation.Only those who ere extremely capable or extremely stupid made this presentation.This was because Ryu Long was known to fire unexpected questions,pointed flaws ruthlessly and mostly reduced the presenters to tears.Two presenters were selected to put forth their proposals. Assistant Yang had looked through the proposals and both seemed interesting and accurate to him.

Before the conference:

After thinking for a while, Assistant Yang emailed Alicia the proposals and typed,"Read these up and make a summary stating the pros and cons of each proposal and point out the flaws in each.You will submit these before the start of the meeting."Alicia rained curses in her heart at Assistant Yang for giving her such short notice but quickly got to work.The proposals were lengthy and required careful sifting.She quickly took her notebook and started writing the summary.By the end of an hour,Alicia had made her notes and now needed to type them out neatly.Before she could start typing, a shadow fell on her table and picked up the notes she had prepared.Assistant Yang swiftly checked the notes and curtly said,"Assistant Lu,there is no time for typing.Take this notebook with you and sit at the back of the conference room.Now you need to note every question that Boss poses and check if you had considered that.Make notes of that too.."With this, he kept the notebook back and proceeded toward the rooms.

At the conference Room:

Alicia was sitting in a small corner trying to make herself as invisible as possible.All her notes and analysis were rubbish.The presenter was sweating profusely as Ryu fired questions after questions about the analysis.He wanted to see the surveys and data analysis and would not even glance at it when it was provided.The poor director sat down on the seat with a thud hoping to only escape from this room.What had he been thinking when he applied to present.He was pretty sure after this disaster,forget getting promoted he might even receive a demotion.He glanced at the smirking research assistant who was next in line and g.r.o.a.n.e.d in his head.He really did not want to lose to that sc.u.m.

CEO Long then asked the other person to make his presentation and similarly moved to tear it to pieces.All the management shook their heads at this and could only inwardly groan.This proposal seemed profitable with lesser risks but they dare not voice their opinions.In the mood he was currently in,he would not give them any face and insult them openly.They would not tolerate the man if he was ordinary but he was always right...So there was no point in opposing him.

After the presentations were finished Ryu asked the two presenters to leave and wait outside as they discussed the results.

With a languid grace in every movement,Ryu's piercing eyes looked at the directors and he asked,"So?Gentlemen,does anyone have any opinions?"

One of the boot l.i.c.k.i.n.g directors immediately answered,"We trust you blindly CEO.Whoever you choose will be right."

That is when another man spoke up,"Both the proposals were useless.CEO,your staff's quality seems to be decreasing.After all I have heard that your new assistant has not even been to college...Poor Vice President Yang...oops I mean Assistant Yang...is he being discarded because you are thinking with the wrong parts?"

As these words were uttered,there was an oppressing silence in the room and all others only had one word running through their heads,"Escape!!!"