46. easter eggs

EASTER BREAK had eventually arrived, and with that came some home-travels for plenty of students at the school

Claudia, however, stayed put. Normally she would go home and attend some boring dinners, but this year her father and brothers had a "meeting of extreme value", which ended up being the cause of why she was laying down on Remus' bed, with her head on the foot of it, Remus laying on the other side with his head on the head of the bed.

All the boys had stayed behind as well, mostly because they wanted to keep Claudia company since all her other friends returned home.

So, there she lay with a knitting in her hands, occasionally taking a small glance at Remus, who was reading one of Claudia's books, with the annotations hidden of course due to her being in the room.

Remus had no idea how he was supposed to tell her about it. It wasn't exactly that big of a deal, considering it wasn't personal most of the time. It was just annotations.

But, every now and then, Claudia would talk about something private. Some things Remus understood and some things he didn't, and that's when he felt the huge wave of guilt wash over him.

He needed to figure out how to tell her.

And as the lay in his bed, their legs brushing against each other, neither could help but to look at each other and feel golden inside.

Whenever Remus hid his face behind his book, Claudia would take a small glance at him. Whenever Claudia hid her face behind her knitting, Remus would do the same.

And, eventually, they met eyes, causing both of them to let out small laughters.

"So-"

"Easter eggs!" James exclaimed as he, Sirius and Peter bursted through the door. Remus immediately darted up from the bed at that, almost as if he was a little kid again.

But, Claudia stayed put with a faint smile, thinking about the Easter egg hunts she would do with her cousin Ella as a child.

"Alright, Claudia come here!" James said as they placed all the eggs down on James' dresser.

"Why are there so many?" The girl asked as she walked towards the four boys.

"Well, I wrote mum and told her that none of them get any eggs, and then they did the same thing to their mums. That way we all get three eggs each!" James explained as he started sorting out the eggs.

Claudia couldn't help but to feel bad as she saw how Sirius' face fell, because she felt the same thing. Neither of them had any parents to give them Easter eggs. All they had was their friends.

James, Peter and Remus ended up with three eggs the size of dragons' eggs, filled with chocolate and homemade toffee.

Sirius ended up with three smaller eggs, due to the fact that the rumours had somehow spread of what Sirius had done to Betty.