50. shoot the moon

"PADFOOT, I DON'T think that drinking is a very good idea right now," Remus warned as Sirius opened the bottle for Claudia to drink

"Oh, Moony, but I think it is," Sirius grinned as he handed the bottle to her.

"Yeah, Moony," Claudia teased before she took a long swig of the Firewhiskey, and then regained herself again. "I think it is."

"Claudia..."

"Remus..." she cooed with a grin. "Let me drink."

"No," he said as he tried to take the bottle from her.

"Yes," she grinned as she hid it behind her back.

"Claudia, you're not in the right state to drink right now," he pointed out.

"When am I ever?" She shrugged. "Besides, I've got you here so nothing bad can happen, right?"

"Right. But I just don't want you to get the habit of doing it when you're sad."

"I won't, I promise."

"Alright then," he gave in. "I'll hold your hair when you throw up."

"What a gentleman," Sirius grinned, still standing right in front of them watching the interaction interestedly. "Do you tell all the girls that?"

"No Padfoot, because unlike you there's only one girl for me," Remus said without missing a beat, feeling both embarrassed and triumphal the second he finished that sentence.

"That's mean," Sirius said with a frown, immediately feeling surprised the second Claudia let out a small snort.

"Sorry, not the right thing to laugh at," she mumbled. "Wait..."

"Yeah, sorry Padfoot," Remus apologised with a small laugh as Claudia looked at him in disbelief.

"Whatever," Sirius said dramatically. "I had that coming for me."

"You really did," said Remus.

"Okay, no need to continue, you fucking git."

"Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?" Remus sassed, not realising what he had just said.

"Uh oh, he did it again," said Peter.

"Shit, sorry," Remus apologised quickly.

"You're not sorry-"

"Can we please drink now?!" Remus exclaimed, hoping to be dealing with four drunk teens instead of one moody, one sleepy and two depressed ones.

"Sounds good to me," Sirius shrugged as he went looking from some varieties in his stash.

"You're not drunk already, are you?" Remus asked a giggling Claudia, who had realised that Remus had implied that she was the only one for him.

"No," she chuckled as she leaned her head on his shoulder. "But I'm a lightweight, so beware."