Soulmates at war pt.1 - Seungmin

In this world, you have a mark on your body of who your soulmate is destined to be. There's no way around it. Everyone has a soulmate born to be with them, even if they absolutely hate their partner. Some people ignore it, and some people try to change it. But it's unchanging.

Ever since you heard about the whole 'fate decides who you're supposed to love' and all that, you didn't care. It honestly sounded like a dumb rumor kids would pass along in middle school.

Be that as it may, you knew it was real and that you had your own somewhere out there in the world.

The only physical proof of who it could be was the small tattoo you would get at one random point in your life. Each couple had a different pattern, whether it be two broken pieces of a heart or a key and a lock, there was always something unique for different people.

You were a high school student. Your mark hasn't appeared yet, though you've been told it only shows when you're ready, whatever that meant. How do you be ready to love a stranger you had no interest in?

So the topic of finding your soulmate was just left at the back of your head, unbothered to bring up any time soon.

Until one day, you were met with the dreadful sight of a tiny black puzzle piece above your wrist. The tattoo wasn't what had you groaning in despair, it was the fact that you knew who had the missing piece to it.

None other than your sworn enemy, Kim Seungmin. You mentally cursed to yourself. Why did it have to be him??

He hated you, and you can confirm that the feeling is mutual. Your relationship together has been known of pure rivalry and constant fighting. Most of it being verbally, but you'd be lying if you were to say you didn't want to punch him in the face a few times.

God, you asked whoever was in charge of this pairing if they really thought that you and him were a good match. If only you could go outside and shout to the sky your frustration like fate was actually listening and would reconsider it.

Unfortunately, you've already tried. The only thing you got back in return was the silent stares of your neighbors walking by.

Now that your plan had failed, all you could do was tell Seungmin in person and come to some sort of agreement on what to do. Heck, he'd probably think you were joking with him after you had teased his soulmate tattoo and said his significant other must be unlucky to have him.

Turns out you were right. How unlucky you were to be in that place.

════════════

You were walking around the school to find the irritating brown-haired boy to break him the news, and finally you were able to spot him about to head into his first period class.

Before he could, however, you ran and grabbed the back of his backpack, pulling him towards you and making him stumble.

When he turned around to see who it was, an unpleasant frown painted his lips upon realization that it was you.

"What?" Seungmin scoffed from the earlier action.

You simply dragged him away to an empty hall, ignoring the complaints and questions he was throwing in your direction.

"Can you stop that?" He pried your hands off of him in annoyance. "I'm going to be late to class because of you."

"Look, I really didn't want to say this but I felt like you should know," you sighed and prepared yourself for his reaction.