Chapter 28

"DEATH, I'M sorry if I didn't call you back when you called," Ruckus apologized as he place a glass of juice beside Death's plate.

Kapapasok lang nito ng dining room at halatang kagigising lang.

"Where have you been, Dad?" Naupo ito sa upuan at kinuha ang kutsilyo at tinidor.

Ngumiti si Ruckus at naupo sa kaharap na upuan nito saka seryoso itong tinignan. "Found the fifth person in your list and drags him to jail."

"Really?" Hindi makapaniwalang tanong nito.

Ruckus nodded. "Two more to go Death and every person that hurt you will soon be petting a cold rough metal. Your mom will have no reason to leave and you will get the justice you deserve."

"You did it all alone, Dad?"

"Mm-hmm." Ruckus placed one of his elbows on the table and rested his cheek on his fist. "I can't bring someone with me because this is a covert mission not ordered by the masters— you know, my Mom and Dad. I also can't let those sleazebags free because they already broke many young lives and killed them. They deserved to be locked up and never be seen above ground."

"Thanks, Dad..."

Sinulyapan niya ito ng malungkot ang boses nito at ang mukha nito ay hindi man lang natutuwa sa sinabi niya.

"I'm not telling you to be happy or celebrate but why are you sad?"

Nagtaas ito ng tingin mula sa plato nito. "There are still two people on my list out of seven people that ruined me. Based on my research, those two are dangerous and came from mafia organizations. One is a boss that carved this scar on my face." Death blows a loud breath. "I'm worried, Dad. You're alone doing it all—"

"It will be more dangerous if it will be your Mom. I'm not telling you that Sunset will not be able to pull it off but she will be alone too if she takes this mission and I can't let her. I'll die worrying about her. And if we wait for you to grow up those who are on your list will have already a long list of victims," he reasoned out. "I'll be fine Death. I promised you— I'll give the justice to you and make sure you and Sunset will get out of the dark memories that hold the two of you back."

Yumuko ito. "Promise me you'll always be safe, Ruck... We love you and I am more willing to just give it up just to make sure you'll be safe."

Shaking his head, Ruckus spoke, "No, Death." He gritted his teeth from anger. "Those people need to be taken away of their freedom. I'm not going to give up the justice you deserve and for the other kids or innocent people they break and killed. I'll be fine, Death. My Mom and Dad also keep an eye on me."

Mabilis itong napatingin sa kanya. "T-they..."

"Yeah..." Ruckus sighed. "You can't keep secrets from my parents, Death. They have their ways to know what I and my brothers are doing. Make sure we are always safe. Those two love us so much that they'll go miles to keep us safe. So, worry not about me. Every time I go hunting, someone is covering me."

By the look on Death's face, he was relieved. The child knew he have another job other than being a businessman. Death was from his orphanage where some children were from his missions. Death knew a thing or two about what he can do and when Death asked him if he could help him find the people who abused him, he was more than willing to help and do the job when Death informed, Sunset will do it for him. Not a chance will he let that woman go and risk her life.

"Anyway, elaborate what you mean by that— we love you. Is Sunset part of it or you're referring to yourself and the gangs?" Ruck feigned a nonchalant mien but really he is hopeful and nervous.