Prologue

(October, 1994)

The Smith's Grove state hospital was rarely what one would consider to be peaceful or quiet. Many of the in-treatment patients had strong tendencies to be unruly, to say the least. There was almost always some type of commotion in the hospital caused by any number of things involving them. Whether it be out of severe anxiety, poor impulse control, personal grudges or some type of medication mix-up.

But today was different. At least in the ward sheriff Lee Brackett was currently making his way through. It was mostly dead silent apart from the sounds of his own footsteps echoing throughout the halls. This wasn't a peaceful silence, however. It was an eerie, unsettling one. Given the "incident" it was caused by, Brackett was hardly surprised. The eerie silence was soon filled in by the sounds of the hospital staff shakily talking amongst each other as he approached the nurse who'd called him to investigate said "incident".

She was a 20-something year old woman with dark brown hair and emerald green eyes. She wore a bright white uniform that was decorated with droplets of crimson liquid. She had an array of bruises along her arms and neck as if she'd been involved in a particularly violent struggle. She was leaned up against a wall, shakily cradling her injured right arm. She looked afraid. For good reason too.

"Nurse Harris, what the Hell happened here? Is that blood on you?"

Lee asked the practically cowering woman with a tone of noticable alarm in his voice. She looked up at him with an expression that gave off a similar vibe as she explained the situation to him through mild stutters.

"There was a breakout attempt involving one of the more aggressive patients. He stole a knife from the cafeteria that he used to stab an orderly, as well as Dr. Loomis. He then....slashed the throat of another orderly before being outnumbered and restrained."

Lee almost looked mortified, but he'd expected something like this would happen. There was always an emergency to worry about in Smith's Grove when it was nearing Halloween. It'd been that way for the past 16 years. This was, however, the first time he'd been called to the hospital for something this brutal.

"Jesus. Is the doctor alright?" He asked.

"He needs an ambulance, but I think he'll pull through."

"Thank God. What about the orderlies?" He asked, more worriedly.

"They didn't make it."

Nurse Harris responded almost tearfully, lowering her gaze to the floor.

"Jesus Christ. Look, the ambulance should be here soon enough, but here's my number if you need to reach me again. It'll give you easier access."

Lee scribbled his phone number on a piece of notebook paper and handed it to Nurse Harris as one of the hospital guards approached him. He turned his attention to the guard.

"Is everything under control here?"

"Yeah. Apart from the two guys that'll need to be hauled out in body-bags. We managed to get that freak, Myers, back in his cell before he hurt anyone else."

"Myers?"

The sheriff's expression darkened.

"As in Michael Myers?"

"The one and only. That sick fucker."

"Where is he now?"

A few minutes later, Brackett was approaching the cell containing the most feared patient at Smith's Grove. From between the solid steel bars that made sure a decent distance could be kept, Lee could make out a figure in the corner of the room. A man barely-above-average hight and build, with ghostly pale skin. The man's dull grey eyes showed no signs of life. They still moved, and blinked, and saw, but whatever was behind them had died a long time ago.

"Michael Myers. Why am I not surprised you're the one who caused this mess?"

Michael gave no verbal response. He never did. He simply turned his apathetic gaze to Brackett and began staring the man down, inching his way a few steps closer. He tilted his head to the side, still not speaking. He almost seemed akin to a curious animal.

"Given this little incident you cooked up, I've decided Smith's Grove is no longer fit to detain you. I'll be arranging you a one-way ticket to a much more high-security facility. You'll be transported first thing tomorrow. I hope you enjoy your stay in complete isolation. Have a nice night, Myers."

Lee's words were laced with barely restrained malice upon saying the name. As he walked away, he faintly heard the murderer's breathing become noticably more heavy. Almost as if he was becoming enraged.