Chapter 29

*1 month later*

I pushed my fly away's down and straightened my prefect pin, ready for my rounds.

I slowly shut the door to the common room, hoping not to wake anyone. It felt strange to be walking around at night.

I walked down the corridor, my heels clicking against the ground. I anxiously rubbed my arms, looking around the eerie hall.

I felt a presence but didn't see a single ghost. There wasn't a soul to be seen. I whirled around, feeling something on the tips of my fingers.

I crossed my arms and tapped my foot, "Harry?"

I raised an eyebrow as Harry's head slowly appeared.

"What are you doing?" I chuckled.

"I was... going to... the library." He nodded.

"M'kay, well, don't get caught." I sighed putting the cloak back over him, "And don't stay up too late."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Y/n." Hermione tsked, sitting down next to me. "You just let Harry go? You really do have a soft spot for him."

She laughed as my face went hot and my ears went red.

"Well, what about you and Ron?" I switched the focus to her.

Her grin grew, "Well, we haven't really talked about it, but I really like him."

"I can tell." I chuckled, taking a sip of my pumpkin juice.

Hermione laughed, taking a bite of her waffle.

"Oh," She scowled.

"What is it?" I hummed, taking a bite of sausage.

"We have DADA."

I groaned, throwing my head back.

"This'll be fun."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations." Sharp taps from the chalk rang out, "O-W-Ls. More commonly known as OWLs."

She turned around and looked around the classroom.

"Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe." Her smile dropped, "Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven."

Books started floating down the aisles and were placed on each of our desks. I flipped through the book and then looked at Hermione, she looked at me with an equally confused look.

"But you'll be pleased to know, from now on... you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved... course of defensive magic." Harry raised his hand, "Yes?"

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells?"

"Using spells?" Her sharp laugh rang out, "Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom."