Chapter 9: Attacks and fights

It's been two weeks since the small craziness that Killer did. The person who had attacked her was part of the assassin group that killed her parents. Luckily the rest of her family was safe. Killer soon was able to learn that the reason for her parent's death was because her father had actually fallen ill.

Her mother had been making dinner with Grey when suddenly they smelled something burning from outside. She did her best to get Grey out safely and then went back inside to get out Killer's father. But it was too late, he was already dead and burnt to death. When Killer's mother tried to get out she was caught in the fire and was burnt to death.

Killer shuddered at the thought, and that day she spent it locked inside of her room. The maids tried to get inside to dress her up and get her ready for the day, but Killer refused to let them in. So the maids only brought her food.

The following day Grey was the only one who could enter and go out of the room, he had been able to steal the maid's keys to enter the room. The maids were furious and always tried to catch him when...

"Get back here you little brat!" one of the maids screamed.

"You have to catch me first!" Grey laughed as he ran faster. Soon he reached his and Killer's room, he entered it and then locked it. The maids were knocking on the door and trying to get inside. Soon a deeper and colder voice was heard and the door suddenly opened.

The maids tried to barge into the room but someone else stopped them. Grey finally met the prince of negativity.

His dark brown skin, beautiful and unique. His hair was a dark brown color but ended in purple. Though there was a cyan strike and a yellow strike, and one of his eyes instead of having a purple color. It was mixed with a more cyan-like color.

"Leave" He growled turning around to face the maids, they all gave off a weird squeak and left.

Killer was sleeping in the bed while Grey was standing up in front of Nightmare. He was scared, he wanted to protect his sister but at the same time, he knew Nightmare could easily hurt him badly.

"Why is your sister locked in the room?" Nightmare asked as he closed the door. "Dream won't stop annoying me to check on her, for some reason he doesn't go and sends me instead. I guess he's just too busy with his future wife" the prince kept ranting on.

"She's just shocked, tired, and sad," Grey whispered to Nightmare.

Nightmare's gaze softened, he looked over to Killer. Her face was kind of red, especially her cheeks, eyes, and nose. Though it looked kind of delicate, at least that's what Nightmare thought. But he quickly shook the thought away.

"Tell her that by tomorrow she will need to stop locking herself in the room" Nightmare ordered.

"You can't do such a thing! Just let her be, she's sad! We just lost our parents!" Grey cried, tears forming in his eyes. Nightmare froze.

Grey was right, who was he to judge? Their parents had just been killed and Nightmare was already bossing them around.

Nightmare sighed and sat on the edge of Killer's bed, he looked over to Killer and then over to Grey. Though he suddenly realized something. Grey had hazel eyes, brown hair, and had a lot of freckles.

Killer on the other hand. She had natural black hair, with a few rare red stripes. Her eyes were dark blue but still recognizable as blue. She had no freckles.

Those two didn't look anything alike at all.

"Are you adopted?" Nightmare asked. Grey froze for a second.

"Y-yeah" He stuttered.

"Explains a lot," Nightmare said, looking away.

"Why are you even here?" Grey asked.