9

Y/N POV

Let me make this clear.

It's not Joe, I'm scared of, it's Taylor.

I have absolutely no interest in ruining my friendship with her because I pissed off her boyfriend. Joe might be an inch taller than me, but I bet I could take that stringy motherfucker down. However, he is also Taylor's boyfriend, which means it's better that I keep my distance and know my place.

Just as I had the last time he messaged me, I ignored him and slipped my phone back into my pocket, knowing it was probably best I headed out soon, though not without saying bye to Taylor first. I didn't want her to think something was up.

With a sigh, I headed back into the house, closing and locking the door behind me. Just as I entered the living room, Taylor walked in, freshly showered, her hair still damp, wearing an adorable set of cat pajamas. In her hands were two mugs of steaming tea.

God, how could someone be so beautiful?

"Hey." She smiled, handing me a mug.

I took it, hiding my reluctance to stay, and smiled back gratefully. "Thanks. Nice PJ's." I said, chuckling.

The blond stifled a laugh and sat down on the couch. "Thank you. They are custom made, and happen to be my favorite. Olivia and Meredith are with my parents right now, but you'll definitely meet them at some point."

I fought the urge to sit down as well, but finally caved when I realized how awkward I was making things by standing. I made sure to leave a few feet of distance between us and took a sip of the tea, enjoying the earthy, calming taste.

"The show tonight was insane." I said, looking at her.

Taylor's smile grew wider. "It was. You looked like you were having a lot of fun." She teased, making me blush a little.

"You could say that." I joked, being very mindful of my words so as not to overstep any boundaries. 

She has a boyfriend, Y/n.

She has a boyfriend.

"You know that was the first lap dance I've ever given."

I raised my eyebrows. "Is that so? I'm honored. Could've fooled me. I thought maybe you had been cast for the next Magic Mike."

The singer threw her head back with a loud laugh, shaking her head. "If only. Nope, that was the first time. It wasn't too much ass though? 'Cause I was scared maybe it was."

Now it was my turn to laugh, finding it so easy to talk to her. "No, you're all good. Maybe that could be your side hustle. You could be like Jennifer Lopez; add a pole dancing routine to your set."

"Oh yeah, my mom would love that."

As soon as she said that, I face palmed, groaning into my hands at the realization that Andrea had seen her daughter give me a lap dance. And so had 50,000 people. "Oh god. I can't believe your mother watched. She probably hates me."

Taylor seemed to find this incredibly amusing as her heavenly laugh filled the room. "Oh come on, she doesn't. Honestly I think you might already be one of her favorite people. You guys were talking a lot in the car. She's usually not that open with people she's just met."

I shrugged, taking another sip of my tea. "Lucky me."

I was about to say more, when my phone vibrated, reminding me of the text from Joe. Releasing a breath, I slowly stood. "Well it's getting late. I'm sure you're exhausted, so I should probably head out."