| thirty nine |

Chapter.39

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══
One month ago
═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

Kylie sat at her patio table across from her sister Charlotte. They both sipped on orange juice in the early morning, as they watched their children play in the yard.

"This heat is already brutal," Charlotte squinted her eyes against the sun so she could see Luscious's curls.

"I know," Kylie nodded her head, "This pregnancy I've been getting hot flashes, which I never had before." Charlotte's orange juice almost bursted out of her mouth.

Charlotte covered her mouth with her palm and let herself swallow the juice. She looked at Kylie with wide eyes, "What?"

Kylie threw her head back and laughed. "Charlotte, I'm pregnant," she looked at her sister with a smile on her face.

Charlotte instantly got up from her chair and walked around the table. "Are you serious?" Char's eyes watered.

Kylie's smile stayed on her face as she nodded her head. "Babe," Charlotte whined and wrapped her arms around her sister's shoulders.

Kylie's hands grabbed her Charlotte's, "I just found out yesterday. You're the first person I've told so far."

"Did you and Travis plan the baby?" Charlotte let go of her sister to wipe the tears that streamed down her cheeks.

"Kind of. We've been trying, but not really trying. It was more of a, if it happens it happens," Kylie told her sister. Charlotte couldn't stop crying.

"Tinker, I'm so happy for you," Char' sat back down, "You've wanted another one for so long."

"I know," Kylie light heartedly chuckled, "Now its time for you to get pregnant, so we can have this again," Kylie pointed to Stormi and Lucious laughing. The two were very close in age, Lucious being only a couple months older.

Charlotte laughed, "I got the emotions of a pregnant lady, that's for sure." She wiped away her last tear. "But, a baby isn't in the cards for me and Aubrey for a while. I don't even think he wants another kid."

"He better," Kylie slightly raised her voice, "I need more nieces and nephews."

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══
Two weeks ago
═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

Charlotte was barely awake when she walked down the stairs on her birthday. Her eyelids felt like they weighed as much as rocks. She reached the bottom stair with her eyes still closed when she heard a small laugh.

When she opened her eyes all she seen was crimson red. As her eyes adjusted she realized that she was surrounded by red roses. They covered the floors, climbed up the walls, and sat in bouquets on tables. At the end of the hallway Lucious and Aubrey stood under an archway of roses with smiles on their faces.

"Happy birthday Momma!" Lucious threw his hands in the air and ran down the hallway. Charlotte crouched down and wrapped her arms around her son. "Thank you baby," Charlotte kissed his head.

When Lucious let go, Charlotte stood back up and looked around her in awe. She looked at Aubrey standing under the archway with his hands in his pockets and a smile on his face, and she felt like almost crying.