Hard Goodbyes

This is probably my favorite chapter. I was just about to cry...I hope you are ready for this because I wasn't. Don't forget to vote and comment. With that being said... I hope you enjoy this chapter
Comment comment comment!!!

1919

Bonnie POV

Katherine and I are currently in Italy when one of my well-trusted spies tells me that Mikael is headed for New Orleans.  I would have just shrugged it off if he also didn't mention my family was there. I guess it's finally time to have that reunion. I have to go there and warn them quickly. Even if I'm not ready to see them, I'd rather see them alive now than dead later.

I walk into our apartment and see Kat watching tv on our bed.

She looks up at me and notices that something's wrong.

"I have to leave," I say

She speeds in front of me in a flash

"Why?" She had a look of sadness in her eyes that I couldn't bear to look at. I love Kat, and I definitely don't want to leave her, but I have to warn my family.

"I have to warn my family." She turns away, and I immediately pulled her focus back on me.

"Don't worry because I'm coming back," I say with a smile. "You can't get rid of me that easily."

"And when you get back, we can blow this popsicle stand and open up a bar in Belize." She says

We laughed, but there was also seriousness in her words

"Of course."

With that, we just stare at one another with promise and unshed tears.

She pulls me in for a hug. "You better be safe, you hear me? If something happened to you, I don't know what I would do. Let me come with you."

I look at her incredulously

"I can't let you do that. If Nik knew you were alive, he would kill you on the spot." I say

"You are more important to me, and you always will be. I'm going, and you can't change my mind," Kat said with all seriousness

I sigh because I have to do something that I swore I would never do to her

I grab ahold of her and look into her eyes

Once she realized what I was doing, it was too late.

"Katerina, you will not follow me to New Orleans. You will stay out of sight, and you will stay safe, but I am telling you now that we will meet again."

A tear falls down her cheek as she repeats back numbly, "I won't follow you to New Orleans."

And with one twist of the neck, she was out like a light. I picked up her body and placed her on our bed.