Chapter 34

I looked over at Reyn, whose eyes were still closed. My fingers traced the bridge of his nose, across his high cheekbones. My thumb swiped across his full lips that were in an unintentional pout. His skin was soft and smooth. Perfect like every other part of him. How could there not even be a single blemish? So unfair.

He remained silent, furrowing his eyebrows as his eyes slowly fluttered open. My heart skipped a beat in anticipation. It had been over a month at least... or had it been longer than that? How could I still feel so nervous around him at times? I wondered if he ever felt the same way.

Probably not. He was the epitome of composure, calm and collected at all times. It's what made him lethal as an attorney.

When his eyes focused on mine, his face relaxed and a carefree smile spread across his features. He doesn't seem so scary now. Not when he looked at me he was a cat and I was the catnip he craved.

"Morning, my little fairy." his lips moved against my fingers.

"Good morning," I whispered back.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked, tightening his hold around my waist and pulling my body flush against his chest.

I laughed, bracing my hand on his bare chest. "Yes, so well. Did you?"

"Good." He pressed a kiss on my nose. "Something about traveling always makes me feel tired. I slept well, too."

He placed his hand over the one I had placed on his chest. He always made me feel so wanted, so beautiful in the way he looked at me. Not even the most talented artist could capture the depth in his gaze. It was all mine to witness and to hold in my memory.

"How does the beach sound?" He asked, stretching his hand to get a booklet from the side table.

I turned around, lying on my back beside him, and placed my head in the crook of his shoulder to look at the pamphlet with him.

"We can go have breakfast here," he said pointing to where the hotel served breakfast, "and then we can go to the beach from there."

I nodded my head in agreement and wrapped my hands around Reyn's upper arm which was by my head. The pamphlet fell to his chest as his arm gave to my pulling. I closed my eyes and snuggled into his arm. I felt Reyn press a kiss to the top of my head.

"What is it, princess?"

I shook my head, keeping my eyes closed and my head turned away from him and towards his arm.

"Use your words," he instructed gently, running his fingers through my hair.

"It's nothing, Daddy."

"Is my baby feeling clingy today?"

I eased my leg over his abs, pulling myself onto them as I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and buried my face into his neck.

He didn't hesitate in wrapping his arms around my waist. He ran one hand repeatedly through my hair. I let out a sigh of contentment.

"You're so cozy and warm," I muttered.

He chuckled and pressed a kiss to the side of my head. "You don't wanna get up?"

I shook my head and tightened my hold, pressing myself firmer against him.

"Alright, baby," he cooed, still playing with my hair, "how about room service then?"

I nodded, turning my head so my nose was against his jaw. "Can I have a veggie omelet?"

"Your wish is my command."

We spent the rest of the morning cuddling until our food got delivered. Now we were-- more like I was-- sidetracked by the hammocks on our way to the beach.