Chapter 18: D.S. Umbrella

Diego pulls in front of Dad's company and puts the car in park.

"This is it," Five said as he got out. He opened my door and held his hand out for me to take. I smiled and took it. He helped me out and we started walked behind Diego towards the building.

"This is it. D.S. Umbrella," Diego said as he got to the door.

Five stopped walking causing me to look at him. I could tell he was nervous.
"Five, are you okay?" I asked.

He nodded, "Yeah, fine."

I kissed his cheek and gave him a small smile.

He squeezed my hand and we walked up to the door.

"How long has it been since you've seen the old man?" Diego asked him as he pulled a knife out of his pocket to pick the lock.

"Forty-five years," Five said as he leaned against the wall.

"That's a trip," Diego said.

"No kidding," Five said, "You know, when I was stuck out there in the apocalypse, there wasn't a day that went by where I didn't hear his voice in my head."

"What was he saying?" Diego asked as he tried to pick the lock.

"I told you so," Five answered.

"Well, if dad's here, he's never met you before. So, he can't say I told you so," Diego said as he looked at him.

"I'm sure he'll find a way," Five said.

Diego tries to pick the lock again.

I nudged Five and nodded towards the door. He blinked us inside and unlocked the door for Diego.

Diego sighed, "gotta remember that one."

We walked inside and Five turned on a lamp that stayed on for no more than ten seconds before blinking off.

"Shit," Five said as we looked at the lamp.

"Guess dad wasn't much for home décor," Diego said.

Five went over to a chair and hit the pillow causing dust to go everywhere, "Feels more like a front."

"A front for what?" Diego asked.

"I don't know," Five answered.

"Well, I'll take the left," Diego said as he walked over to the door and opened it, "yell, if you, uh... get in trouble."

He went inside and Five turned to me, "I guess we got the right."

He opened the door and I walked in first.

"This place gives me the creeps," I said as I looked around the long creepy hallway.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you," Five said as he pushed the top of a door open and flipped a switch.

A light came on showing a mannequin family sitting in a staged living room.

"I think I found something you and dad have in common," I chuckled as we looked around.

"Seriously, Y/N?" He asked.

I laughed, "sorry, I couldn't help it."

He gives me an unamused look which only made me laugh more. He shook his head and looked inside the room again, "What is he up to?"

The lights in the room go out.

"I guess it's time to move on," I said.

We went inside a new room. Five walked over to a desk while I looked around.