028

Chapter Twenty-eight - the big fight pt 2.

Sophia's pov

"I love you."

That moment I felt like I couldn't breathe, my heart was beyond flattered at this point, my face was burning, and I just froze. I never thought of those three words being said out of a boys mouth except for Chase's. 'I love you' was normal to everyone, they tell it to almost everyone they love. But I've only said it to a few people, because I'm scared to say 'I love you' to just anyone, they might think I'm weird or something. But hearing it from Vinnie just seemed different.

"Time to go everyone!" A man shouted and Vinnie turned his head to glance, but then quickly turned back to me.

"Good luck out there ok?" I said snapping out of it "you'll do great" I said and gave Vinnie a quick kiss.

"Vinnie, Sophia get in your places" a lady said as Vinnie and I walked to our places in line. I was placed in the middle next to Jett. Jett and I are  friends, we get along very well, but we don't see each other that much unless we're both at the hype house.

Walking out was actually really cool, Vinnie had a stern straight face on, and the walkout music was dramatic. (AS IT SHOULD) Vinnie was waiting for this moment and it's actually about to happen. I'm very excited.

Before I went to my seat, I decided to talk to Vinnie one last time before he starts.

I tapped his shoulder "hey, how you feeling?" I asked like he didn't just say 'I love you' to me a few minutes ago.

Vinnie turned around to face me "Freaking out, but excited." He said as we waited for Deji to arrive to the ring "how bout you? I know you feel uncomfortable when you're in the spotlight"

"I'm fine, I don't mind being in the spotlight to support you"

"Appreciate it Soph" Vinnie said and kissed my cheek. I tried my best not to blush, but I already felt the heat go to my cheeks as Vinnie chuckled

Narrators pov

Sophia wasn't so sure when to tell Vinnie the 'love' sentence, or if she could even say it with all these people around. Sophia had to tell him 'I love you' back, she just had too.

As Vinnie's opponent Deji had entered the fighting ring, Sophia said bye to Vinnie and walked to Nailea who had been standing next to Noah, Charli and Dixie for the past 10-20 minutes.

"I saw that kiss" Nailea said as Sophia stood next to her with her phone in her hand.

"Nai he said it." Sophia said as she turned to her friend

"What do you mean?" Nailea asked confused to what Sophia was talking about "what did Vinnie say?"

"He said 'I love you.'"

Sophias pov

"He said 'I love you'"

Nailea turned to me with a shocked face expression "No way." She said "Did he really?"

"Yes Nai, He pulled me aside earlier and just told me" I whispered to her "Stupidly I didn't say it back" I said as Nailea groaned. She seemed annoyed that I didn't say it back. I was honestly annoyed with myself that I didn't say it back, I knew I loved Vinnie, I knew he loved me back, why didn't I say it? God I'm so stupid!

"You should say it back, some time tonight" Nailea said as I watched Vinnie and Deji approached each other at the center of the ring. "Just think about it, You just told the girl of your dreams that you love her, but she doesn't say it back." I listened to Nailea while I got focused to the ring, The ref gave his speech and the two touched gloves.

My eyes trailed off to Nailea again as Vinnie returned to our corner "This is about to get interesting." Nailea said as I heard mumbles of Vinnie's coach from far away.

"definitely" I replied. Vinnie didn't take another look at me, which made me feel bad that I didn't say it back.

as the bell rang, Vinnie immediately met Deji at the center of the ring, I could tell that Vinnie was off his A game. He is much better than this, and it's kinda of making me anxious. I watched Deji take a few hits while Vinnie tries to dodge.

"Come on Vinnie!" I shouted

Deji kept cornering Vinnie, which made me nervous. He did get some good hits but those two minutes were painful to watch. I found myself shouting alongside with the people beside me trying to encourage him.

The bell had ring which meant that the round was over. Vinnie walked back to the corner and sat down. Many people walked up the stairs to the ring to give him water, give advice, and wipe the dripping sweat off his face. In the other corner, I saw that Deji looked tired, he was getting many hits but it's tiring him out. Vinnie had a big chance before, but now he had an even bigger chance of winning.

Vinnie glanced at me as his trainer gave him a little talk about how to improve in the fight. I smiled as Vinnie gave me a smile back. I just knew he was going to win at this point, I just knew it.

Everyone got out of the ring which left Vinnie, Deji and the ref. The second round was even more interesting than the first, Vinnie seemed more focused, more aware. He landed more hits on Deji this round, making harder for Deji to land punches back. I was more hyped this round and cheered Vinnie on was the seconds went by. The second round ended quickly, and Vinnie retreated to the corner. He looked more proud of himself this round, he knows he did good.

"Vinnie is going to win, I'll bet all my money on it." I told Nailea who had been next to me shouting for the last few minutes.

"Fuck money, I'll bet my soul!" Nailea said as we both laughed afterwards. The bell dinged again which meant that round three had started, but a few seconds later Deji took a knee down on the ground. I fucking knew it, he was at his end. He did look like he wanted to keep going, but it seemed like he couldn't take anymore of Vinnie's hits. I was surprised that after a few moments that Deji stood up again. Vinnie went straight at it, left hook, jabs, all that shit. Within seconds Vinnie had him in a corner. I honestly felt every punch even though I wasn't the one getting hit, I mean by the looks of it, that looks like it fucking hurts. It had so much anger and adrenaline that I felt it all the way over here where I was standing.

Moments after that was in slow motion, Vinnie threw his last punches at Deji before the ref stepped in and waved his arms in the air signaling that Vinnie had won and the match was over. Vinnie confidently lunched his glove to the sky. The crowd cheered, everyone in Vinnies corner shouted and screamed in happiness and excitement. Nailea and I screamed as we both gave each other a hard high five. I was so happy for Vinnie, he looked proud as well. Vinnie got lifted onto his trainers shoulders as everyone around his were cheering.

Vinnie was let down back on the ground after a couple moments, and I saw him whisper something to Jett, who also took a glance at me as Vinnie whispered more stuff to him. Jett nodded and stepped out of the ring. I saw him quickly run down the stairs and jog over to where Nailea and I were standing still cheering.

"Vinnie wants you up there!" Jett said Over the screaming crowd. I nodded and followed Jett to the ring leaving Nailea behind. I stepped into the ring where the camera men, Vinnie's friends and so many more were cheering. I couldn't help but smile as Vinnie immediately gave me a hug. I giggled as Vinnie picked me up and spun me around, it was something out of a movie.

It took us a while to pull away from each other, but once we did Vinnie placed kisses all over my face causing me to giggle even more. We both didn't care if we were in public or not anymore, we were just happy, and I was honestly loving it.

"I love you" he said again as he kissed me.

"I love you V" I said which made Vinnie smile even more. I placed my hand on Vinnie's cheek as we kissed once again.

God I love this boy.

A/n: SHE SAID IT EVERYONE!!! 🥳🥳