I'm Not Coming Home // pt 2 • N.R.

[Third Person...]

For weeks upon weeks Natasha climbed and climbed.

Until she finally got to the top. She pulled herself up to where the Red Skull was standing. She felt tears well up in her eyes from pure happiness.

"You did it." Was all he said, his voice was purely emotionless.

"A promise, is a promise." He said.

"The gods will reward you, as promised." He said again. Suddenly Natasha felt light, she was no longer on Vormir. She was back on Earth. She cried of happiness as she ran towards the compound.

It was miles away, but she ran every inch of them only to hold you in her arms again.

When she reached the compound, it was quiet. Eerily quiet.

"Wanda..." she yelled out, but all she heard back was an echo.

"Y/n, My love." She said, again, only an echo.

She was confused, where would you be? Where was Wanda? Steve? The compound was completely empty for what it seemed.

Natasha took the elevator up, the buttons were all dusty as if no one had used them in years. She finally reached up to your floor and walked out.

She checked the rooms on the floor, no one. She finally got to your shared room, her heart pounded in her chest.

Natasha opened the door, but again was met with complete silence and emptiness. The room seemed to have no dust in it, although. Everything in it was left the same as she left it, although the bed was messy.

Natasha was beyond confused.

Meanwhile Wanda had just walked into the compound, wheeling you in a wheelchair. You had just came back from your second surgery, the doctors were convinced they could help your memory. It was getting better, way better than before, but you still acted as if you needed help with everything.

You were now scared of thunderstorms, and the dark.

You were petrified of being left alone, scared something would happen to your best friend while she went out.

You still asked for Natasha, but not as much, being that every time you ask, you burst into tears.

In stores, and practically everywhere, people looked at you weirdly. A woman even asked Wanda if you suffered from Autism, but the doctor had explained it was a sort of PTSD and brain trauma that resulted you to act in this way. She asked if it was irreversible, not like she minded. He didn't know.

Wanda liked having someone to help take care of. It helped her with her own grief as well, being that it has now been almost a year since it all happened.

"Y/n... you hungry?" She asked you, your eyes were droopy as you looked at Wanda.

"Tired..." you whispered. She smiled.

"You want some sleep?" She asked

"I want Natasha... and cuddles." You said sadly, you never stopped asking for Natasha. No matter how many times you forgot. You couldn't forget about her.

Suddenly y/n memory came back, like it always did and she slumped her head on the chair.

"I- Nevermind." You whimpered.

Wanda looked at you sadly.

Suddenly Bucky and Sam came through the compound door, they knew your situation, and were here throughout it all, even when dealing with their own trauma and problems.