49 || let's go home

alexa, play monsters by ruelle

18+ warning - smut

One Week Later

DAY 61

"Careful."

Amelia suppressed her smile as James cautiously guided her onto the Quinjet, his arm holding her waist tightly as his blue eyes focused on their feet to assure that she wouldn't trip over anything. The protectiveness behind his voice alone was enough to stir up the butterflies resting in her stomach.

James had been more than attentive for the past week. She could count how many times he had kissed her on one hand alone, acting as though any amount of physical touch would break her bones. Amelia adored him for caring enough to make sure she was okay, but she would be lying if she had said that she wasn't drooling at the sight of him - she felt as though she was starving.

She craved his hands on her.

"I'm not going to break, James," Amelia teased softly, glancing at him out of the corner of her eye.

"The doctor said you have to take it easy for at least two weeks," James reminded her, easing her down gently into one of the leather seats as he spoke.

The team had retreated back to the states a few days ago, only after checking to make sure Amelia didn't need them about one hundred times. She had to practically beg Steve to leave, he still felt quite bad about the entire situation - like it was his fault for letting her out of his sight in the first place.

Before James could whisk his hands away, Amelia grasped onto them swiftly, peering up at him through her eyelashes. "Are you ever going to touch me again?"

His head tilted to the side sympathetically as his blue eyes gazed down at her. "Of course I will, Amelia. But you just got released from the hospital today."

In all honesty, James craved Amelia more than he was letting off. His hands itched to squeeze and caress every inch of her body, but he was so focused on her well-being that his sexual needs were on the back of his mind. The possibility of popping stitches or making her feel any pain sent an uneasy feeling pulsating in his stomach.

"I've missed you," she urged quietly.

"Amelia."

"James."

He chuckled, shaking his head as he brought his lip between his teeth. "I don't want to hurt you, doll."