chapter twenty-seven

Edited🤍

D A V I N A

D A V I N A

"I can't believe you two!" Dads angry voice bounces off the walls of his office. "You're getting married in a good few weeks, and you're over here hooking up with Santi's son?" He looks at me with disgust.

"Aren't you the one who got three girls pregnant?" I snark, leaning back into my chair with an angry look on my face.

"I'm a man, I can do as I please. But you, You're a woman, don't you have any self respect?" He snides, banging his hands against the table.

"Oh, I'm the one with no self respect?" I retort, trying my best not to loose my shit and punch him in the face again.

"That's it," He yells, "You're marrying Nikolai's son in a few days, and Lorenzo, you are banned from our property!"

"What?!" Lorenzo and I both question, sitting up in attention.

"I said what I said, shouldn't have pushed me over the line, Davina." He growls, almost ready to strangle me with his hands.

"You can't fucking do that?" I harshly stand up, the chair falling back. "The fuck I can't? Vasily has been wanting to marry you the second he laid eyes on you, it'll happen one way or another." And with that, he walks out.

I'm left gaping at the wall, while Lorenzo subtly stands up. I drag a hand over my mouth, trying to cover my shocked expression.

"Shit." He groans, leaning against the table for support with his hands.

"Shit indeed." I laugh, humourlessly.

"What if we faked our deaths, and moved to Bahamas? I know how much you wanted to visit." He casually brings it up. He remembered?

I had once told Lorenzo that I wanted to go to the Bahamas because I haven't had a vacation in a very long time.

I give him a soft smile, which he returns. He shrugs his shoulders, and clears his throat to disrupt the silence.

"You know," He starts, "I haven't slept with anyone since I've laid eyes on you the second time." I freeze, and just blink. I quickly turn towards him, with eyes widened to the size of Jupiter.

"Wh-What?" I choke out.

"Yeah." He scratches the back of his head, awkwardly.

"Shit, now I feel like a dick." I groan, leaning my forehead against his chest.

"No, don't be," He sighs, "At least you'll never see me again."

I look back up at him, and throw him a 'you sure about that?' look.

"What?"

"Lorenzo Rossi, is going to listen to my dad, the man he punched because he pushed his little angel." I joke.