Chapter 6: Two owls in this home

My life was going great. I've never had this much free time for myself. Sure, there's no TV or games, but I've gotten used to reading. But it seems I've forgotten something. Something that I thought I was already done with in my past life, but it seems it has found it's way back to me. Education.

The Duke told me he was going to ask the tutor to teach me as well, since she's been teaching Alice for a few years already. 

Since this world mostly has only high schools, it's obvious that noble kids would be tutored, but I didn't think It would be this bad! You're all probably thinking, well, you're 7, so it shouldn't be this hard! Yes, the material is easy, BUT NOT IF THERE IS THIS MUCH!

2nd grade math's is easy, but if there's 30 worksheets you have to do, the difficulty somehow increases. I don't know what kind of evil tutor is this, but this is too much. She just came in here, put it on the desk, and then left, saying something along the lines, "Finish these, please." 

 Although I wanted to throw a fit by tossing all these papers on the ground, I still have some dignity left, so I started working on them, one stack at a time. The questions were easy, although I won't say I was the smartest in my class, these were things ingrained permanently in my memory.

I was about more than half way done, when the tutor finally came back in the room. She had brown hair, tied in a braid that went down to her waist. She had those characteristic round smart people glasses, with a white coat draped on her shoulders. 

She smiled at me and asked, "So, how many have you managed to complete?" 

"A little bit more that half, I pointed at the two stacks of worksheets on my right. She looked with my with gaping eyes. Not understanding what's happening, I asked, "Did I do something wrong?"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA" She started laughing. "We have a little smarty-pants don't we? Sorry, you must be confused." She said as she made her way to the papers, and started looking through them, "This is a test I usually make my students go through, to see how much work they can do in a short time, and how well they can do it, mostly students make it to about 1/4 before I come back, but it looks like we have another genius in this house." 

"In this house?" I asked genuinely curious 

"Yes, your sister managed to complete half of those work sheets, and the answers were all correct." She said with a smile. Ah, yes I remember. Alice was the top student of Saint Marlene academy, and another source of jealousy for her was that the heroine took her place at the top. Though I don't know if my knowledge from my past life is enough to surpass the other students at the academy, but, maybe having a tutor might not be that bad.

"Anyway, you did a good job, I'll start officially teaching you tomorrow, don't worry, you won't have to do this much work, well, at least not every day." She winked at me, sending shivers down my spine. Ok, I take it back, don't make me learn.