𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

TWO WEEKS

TWO WEEKS. Two whole weeks had gone by since John B and Sarah's "death". Since then Chiara has done nothing but sulk in her room.

She tried going to dance class, but broke down five minutes in because one of the girls had mentioned Sarah. She was kicked out of class for the rest of the day and hadn't gone back.

Chiara was surprised when she had seen Kiara's head poke through her door. "Hey, the guys and I are doing a little memorial thing for John B and Sarah."

"Okay..." Chiara furrowed her eyebrows not understanding the girl's point. "Do you need me to cover for you or?"

"What? No." Kiara shook her head. "I was wondering if you wanted to come with?"

"Oh." Chiara sat up. "Uh yeah sure."

"Cool. We leave for the chateau in ten." Kiara nodded before walking out of the room, leaving the girl to quickly get dressed.

Once she was changed the Carrera twins hopped into Chiara's car and drove off to the chateau. They were met there by Pope and JJ who had been waiting for them.

"Well let's get started." JJ said heating up the tip of the metal bar to mark up the tree, writing John B's full name, the year he was born and died, along with a slogan P4L.

When finished JJ stepped back next to Chiara and raised his flask. "To John B."

"And to Sarah." Chiara sadly said.

The four then buried a bunch of things that reminded them of John B and Sarah along with some small items of theirs.

As Pope and Kiara continued to bury some of the stuff, Chiara walked over to JJ who was still staring at the tree, drinking out of his flask.

Chiara held out her hand, "Can I have a sip?"

JJ silently handed the girl the flask still staring at the tree blankly. "Best friends since third grade, and it ended in the shittiest way possible."

"I know, well actually I don't really know." Chiara kissed her teeth.

"What?" JJ asked.

"The last couple of days before Sarah died she was with you guys and I have no idea what y'all were involved in that ended up with Peterkin getting killed, John B blamed for it and Sarah running off with him only to die." Chiara ranted handing him back his flask.

"They were dating." JJ told her after pausing for a minute.

"What?" Chiara's eyes widened.

"JJ." Kiara warned now intently listening to their conversation.

"No, she's right. Her best friend just died and she has no explanation for how it happened." JJ said. "Nobody gets closure wondering forever like that. So she deserves to know Kie."

"She knows she died during the storm. That's your answer Chi, that's everyone's answer." Kiara stated.

"She was out there with John B, your friend, last time I heard about John B from Sarah was when he blamed her for getting fired." Chiara mentioned. "Now how in the hell did she end up dying with him?"

"They were dating." Pope sighed.

"Pope you too?" Kiara huffed.

"What? I would want to know if I was her." Pope shrugged. "So Sarah and John B started dating a few days after midsummers."

"Possibly before but he tells us nothing so." JJ added.

"She was with Topper then though..." Chiara trailed off before rolling her eyes. "Never mind she does this a lot so I know exactly what happened there."

"Well yeah so since she was dating him, she became apart of the whole operation we were doing." Pope continued.

"What operation?" Chiara asked.

"Remember when I had the gun at the boneyard?" JJ reminded her as she nodded.

"Yeah but you wouldn't tell me where you got it." Chiara remembered.

"Well that's because it goes hand in hand to this whole thing." JJ nodded.

"So basically the gun—"

"We found the Royal Merchant!" Kiara exclaimed. "With the 400 million dollars worth of gold, but Ward Cameron took it from us and he also killed John B's father, so when we tried to get it back along with justice for his dad— Rafe killed Peterkin and the Cameron's blamed John B, making him and Sarah try and run away ending in their demise."

"What happened to 'let's not tell her' huh?" Pope raised his eyebrows.

Kiara shrugged, "Y'all were going to tell her anyway, but you were taking too long."

"Holy shit." Chiara said. "So John B and Sarah are dead while Rafe just gets to walk away clean? How is that fair?"

"It's not, but there's nothing we can do." Pope shrugged as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"How do you know that?"

"We've tried telling everyone that it was Rafe, but no one believes us." Pope explained.

"I got fired the other day for trying to get the message across it was Rafe." JJ said.

"I heard that you swung at Kelce." Chiara furrowed her eyebrows turning to the blonde.

"I did that too." JJ nodded with a smirk on his face showing his was proud of himself.

Chiara nodded, "Listen there has got to be something to clear things up. I'm not comfortable having murderers just walking around like nothing happened."

"They've technically been walking around though." The blonde pogue pointed out.

"True, but I didn't know they were murderers JJ." Chiara rolled her eyes.

"But what does that change?"

"A lot actually—"

"Okay we get it! Stop now." Kiara cut in.

"Sorry." The two said in unison.

"We know that it's unfair and in no way safe but right now we've got nothing. All we should really worry about is getting ready for school." Pope voiced.

"Ew school." JJ replied.

"Gross." Chiara gagged at the same time as JJ.

"You both disappoint me." Pope sighed.

CHRISTI COMMENTS!

this is currently the shortest chapter-
bye loves <3