Chapter 1: Lumiére Sneak Peak

~•°•~

~•°•~

You run fast. As fast as you could. For the very first time in all your life, you run. Your lungs expands vigorously as it tries to catch up with your breath. Your feet are getting cut by the debrees you're stepping on but you couldn't care less. All you could think about is run to the forest where you could safely hide. It is the only place you could run to now.

You listen as the men behind you starts saying incoherent words as they try to catch you. The only light provided to you was from the fire you started at the brothel that's now big where they sold you three weeks ago. The cold nips at your skin that's only covered by the thin sheet that's wrapped around your body and your thin undergarments beneath it. The smell of the man who was about to take you minutes before you started the fire lingered in your clothes so you took it off and was hoping to change into better clothes before fleeing but the mistress there figured out what you were doing so you had no choice but to reach for the thin fabric nearest to you.

You dare look up at the midnight sky and starts cursing at the newly seated king of the lands where you were born and raised. You suffered enough from the late king's regime and now that his son is seated, nothing has changed.

You hear men whistling for their horses so you quicken your pace as fast as you could go. Only a minute now, you could pass out but you beg your body to not give up on you, not now atleast.

You finally reach the forest, a perfect place for you to hide. Dark, full of trees where you could climb, it's roots where you could stay flat beneath it. Whatever that you could think about. So you quickly scan the forest once you got in deeper and deeper. You tighten the knot that's keeping the fabric from falling off of you and spotted a tree that's lush with leaves. You grab unto the trunk and hastely climbed it even though your feet hurt from all your wounds.

You climb three branches up and hid behind the lushest leaves the tree has to offer as your protection. You calm you breathing as the crickets amd cicadas cover the sound of your harsh ones. You close your eyes, your hair sticking to you face and neck. From where you're situated, you can see a trail of men with torches as they try to follow your tracks.