Chapter Thirty-Nine

click the star!
*sorry for any mistakes*
don't be afraid to comment!

Monday Afternoon

"I forgot to turn off my location because my ass was rushing out the house, i hope my damn roaming shit ain high." Leanna sighed as she laid on the hotel bed.

"Girl, he been sleeping, we went to the beach this morning to keep him busy." Maia said as she took a piece of toast out of the toaster. "His ass came straight through the house and into that damn bed."

"Good to know, if i get my test back before eleven tonight i get to leave." She smiled.

"They been working pretty quickly so hopefully you do, because you got it done this morning, so that should be in an earlier batch."

"Mmmhmm" She yawned.

"You called your mother ?" Maia asked.

Leanna nodded "yes ma'am, she was asking for you."

"I miss her, im gonna go spend time with her when i get back." Mai nodded.

"Oh i know you will" Anna chuckled "I'm bout to go get some sleep, ill talk to you later."

"Okay cool bye."

"Bye" Leanna blew a kiss and hung up the phone.

Maia sighed, it was going to be a long day tomorrow, and she is definitely not ready for it.

She picked up the book that she carried with her, it was a type of journal, she wrote random thoughts, scribbled, but this time, she was opening the book to re-read the eulogy that she wrote for her grandmother.

Darline Pearl Greaves...

**
The Next Day
Location: Church

Maia took a deep breath "Darline Pearl Greaves, a woman that i will surely never forget, not because she was my grandmother, but because she was my best friend, because she was the one that always told me what was right from what was wrong, because she made me smile on my good and bad days, she held me when i cried. She was there when i needed her most." She was trying hard to keep herself together, she sighed. "Granny...granny was a woman that would sit you down and make you talk until you couldn't talk anymore, eat until you couldn't eat anymore, even then she would tell you "chile try an drink summa dis mauby." She would always have her mauby ready for you." The tears were forming, but she refused to let them fall. "One day i had came home from school, and i didn't particularly the best day, and she saw that when no one else did, no matter how much of a cover i put on...she sat me down, gave me exactly three fishcakes and one cup of..mauby and she told me "you could get more uh dem fishcakes when you decide to talk.And me being the licorice little freshman, i gobbled them down." Maia chuckled a bit and so did the crowd "but there was always one thing that she would say to anyone around her if she knew they needed it, you could be a stranger on the train, buss, somebody she walked passed. She would stop, sit, stand, look you in your eye, give you one of her dazzling smiles and tell you in the softest most comfortable voice, "Talk to me."....

**
2 hours later

Extended and close friends and family were all throughout Lisa's residence, they were eating, drinking, playing dominos and running their mouths one hundred miles per hour.

It was a long day for everyone, but particularly Maia, she didn't sleep a wink the night before, she was running on a coffee and slice of plain cake. She couldn't stomach anything else.

She just burried the woman who raised her after she had to bury the first one who did. She was never going to be able to talk to her again, it was settling in and she didn't like it.