eight. everything i never told you

NIKI LET OUT A BROKEN SCREAM as Cindy ran forward with a roar of pure anger, hitting Tommy in the face with a shovel. The girl held onto the person closest to her in fear, watching as Tommy got knocked into the wall, causing his ax to fall off his hands. As the boy lunged, a hand was held in front of Niki protectively, but Cindy, blinded with anger, jabbed the shovel into his neck and pushed him back against the wall.

"Fucking die!" Cindy sobbed, continuing to push the shovel into her boyfriend's neck. "Why won't you fucking die!" she screamed in terror, the shovel pushing through all the way his head, chopping it off the body.

The three teens screamed, gasping in horror as Tommy's body fell to the floor, his head rolling away from his body. Niki felt like she was going to puke any minute now, eyes still glued to the burlap sack that contained Tommy's head; sweet Tommy who was exceptionally kind to her.

After a minute of panting, Cindy kneeled down next to her bleeding friend. "No! Alice?"

Niki gasped, kneeling down on the floor hopelessly as she watched Cindy sob. "Alice? Alice, just... just stay with me. Alice!"

Cardan kneeled down beside her, the three of them watching in pure horror as Alice's staggered breaths came to a halt. Tears dropped out of Niki's eyes as she watched the horrifying scene: Alice was dead. A minute ago, she was joking around... and now she's dead.

"You always hurt... the one you love..."

Cardan, who seemed to hear the same thing as Niki began to help her sit back up, looking back towards the kitchen. "What the hell is that?"

"The one you shouldn't hurt at all..."

Niki, who had gone through a wave of emotions in the past minute, gripped onto the boy's hand as the four of them slowly walked towards the noise, passing Alice's dead body.

Ending up in the place where both Alice and Cindy had emerged, there was now a hand pulling itself up.

"Did you guys leave someone down there?" Niki questioned curiously. But in an instant, she noticed that it wasn't just a normal person, since the body was reforming in some sort of way. For a moment, she thought that her eyes were deceiving her, until the face of Ruby Lane was staring right at them, pieces coming back together.

"Run! Run!" Cindy yelled, pulling Ziggy away while Cardan and Niki sprinted back towards the main hall. Quickly letting go of her hand, Cardan grabbed one of the shovels while Niki grabbed Nurse Lane's book. The two of them turned around at the sound of Ziggy's scream, who was holding a shovel while Tommy's hand latched onto her leg.

"Ziggy!" Cindy screamed, grabbing the girl as they ran towards the hanging tree.

Sobs came out of Niki's throat as she dropped the book, kneeling down beside Cardan who was already digging. She used her hands, and from an outsider's view, she must've looked like an animal, but she didn't care. She wanted to live. She wanted to go back home in the arms of her brother, cradling her niece in her arms. She didn't want to die: not now, when she was so young.

"Hurry up!" she yelled to Ziggy, who was holding the other shovel. She and Cardan were now the ones left digging since her hands weren't doing any much work.

"Cindy?" Ziggy had suddenly stopped digging. Niki followed her eyes, seeing a boy carrying a baseball bat, slowly walking towards them.

"Just keep digging!" Cindy instructed. The two of them who held the big shovels continued to dig, while Cindy and Niki looked around for anyone else.

Ruby Lane. Tommy.

Cardan hit the shovel down one last time, feeling something underneath the metal. "I hit something!"