025

june 15th, 2026
9:52 pm

SUNDAY SUNK DOWN INTO THE leather of the reclining chair under her, feeling the material brush against the skin on her elbows

Sunday spared a glance to her right where Aaron was sitting, his attention rapt and fixated on the movie screen that was flashing an action movie just a few feet away.

Sunday had been trying to get the words out all night but her tongue would fumble over itself when she attempted to tell Aaron the truth about her and Brandon.

I'm cheating on you.

I'm cheating on you.

I'm cheating on you.

Why can't I just say it?

Sunday took a glimpse at Aaron once more, scanning his face for about half a second before looking back at the screen.

A little fidgety now, Sunday dug her hand into the red and white tub of buttered popcorn between her and Aaron and then peered over the edge when she felt nothing in her hand.

Sunday leaned over the arm rest to ensure that only Aaron heard her next set of words, "I'm gonna go get a popcorn refill, okay?"

"Can you get me some more Sour Patch Watermelons too?" Aaron whispered back to her.

Sunday nodded before rising, clutching the empty plastic tub to her midsection and quickly making her way past the crowded row and onto the velvet stairs.

The lobby of the Regal Cinema was lit up a bright red and due to the day and the time of night, was filled with mainly teenagers who looked to be in the age range of seventeen to nineteen.

Over at the soda machine on the left side of the room, Sunday could see a young couple, both black, and looking to be in their senior year or their freshman year of college.

The boy whispered something in the girl's ear which caused her to turn bright red and then look around the lobby.

Sunday turned around to ensure that no one caught her watching and to erase the feeling of deja vu cascading back and forth inside her, similar to blood.

Sunday remembered when things could be easy like that for her and Brandon, when life wasn't complicated by adultery and breakups.

Her phone began to vibrate with a call in the back pocket of her jeans, causing the bottom half of her torso to vibrate as well.