Chapter 15

Jisoo's P. O. V.

It's monday morning and everyone has monday blues. If I have this choice of taking a leave just because I hate to, then I wouldn't have second thoughts and file a leave. But since I'm working in a medical field, taking a vacational leave is very rare to happen. You even celebrate new year, Christmas, birthdays and any other special days of your life in the hospital. Ahh! I can still feel the presence of my bed.

Looking forward, I'm currently walking inside the hospital and searching for my team. I woke up late earlier so I hurriedly called Lisa while I'm on the shower and I wouldn't be surprised if she's still asleep and I wasn't wrong, she just woke up when I called. 

"This L4 meeting sucks. Whoever think of emergency meeting today is stupid" Ten complained while fixing his coat, I didn't notice his presence because I am spacing out. 

I look at him and just raise my eyebrow "Lisa's Dad planned this" I said and he quickly cover his mouth, he shows his peace sign and smile forcefully "I guess, it's pretty serious that's why. Look at every doctors, they're in hurry to get in the meeting room" I added. 

We ride the elevator with other Doctors, it's almost occupied by doctors. I look at my watch and it's 10:30 am "Have you seen our team?" Ten whispered at me. 

"I just arrive ten minutes earlier than you" I reminded him. 

We reached the floor and made our way towards the room. As we enter, we found our team at the back and they reserved a seat for us, feeling like a high school student. Lisa is also there, yawning and daydreaming. She looks so stressed. 

"You're late" Lisa said and we both give each other a high five, I took my seat beside her and waited for the meeting to start "Who do you think will get chosen? Only chosen doctors are here" 

I roam my eyes around and nodded "Yeah, it's very risky to go as what I've heard" I replied. 

"Ah! Anyway.. " Lisa started and face me "You called me last night and I'm sorry for not picking it up, I was on a deep sleep and didn't hear your calls. So what is it?" 

I furrowed my eyebrows and think "Last night??" I asked and she nodded like a kid "Ah! That was nothing, I just wanna ask you if.. If you're going to the meeting" 

"Hmm.. Of course I do. Dad would never let me off duty" She huffed and fix her coat, I just stare at her and look away when she notices it "I think you want to say something else"

"No, you look so stress" I said. 

"Life is giving us so much stress, what do you expect?" She chuckled. 

We both keep our mouth shut when the board members and director came in. The meeting is about to start. I took my phone and search for a game to play, I know it's kinda important but I have someone with me who will explain it once I ask. 

After a lot of turns, I lock my phone when they show to us the place that chose doctors will go. It looks like a abandoned place where unfortunate people live. Lisa's Dad explained what is on that place and how other people suffer from sickness. 

"I wouldn't be surprised if the epidemic happens first on their place. They have no means for a check up and this place has the high rates of death last year. Although it's not as big place as you think but a lot of people are relocating there every year because of low cost of living" Mr. Manoban explained.

"It seems like the officials are turning their back on their situation" Dr. Park uttered, mainting her voice low. 

"I pity them" Dr. Lee replied. 

As I look at Lisa, she's trying to take a nap in the amidst of meeting. What is she up to? Over thinking again? I tap her shoulder but she doesn't care at all. A marker flew all the way in front to Lisa's head. We are all surprise because of what her Dad did.