twenty-four : firsts

Selena continued her training with Dorran despite her utter distrust for the man. The move he made on her made her always put her guard up. He was trying so hard to get her attention when they were training and Selena was quick to shut him down.

Though her persistence to reject him did not stop her from seeing some of his admirable traits.

He was court on time and would sometimes be waiting for her when she was late. He didn’t like it when she complained about one part of the training and would always say a quick remark saying she was only being lazy. Then, when she could no longer handle the training, he let her take long breaks but only when it was truly necessary.

Those were the only thing that was noteworthy about him except his handsome exterior, she could give him that.

Now as she followed everything he taught her, she could see improvements in her stance. She felt more limber and fluid as she fought with him. It was hard to admit, but his teachings worked.

Dorran was a good teacher.

The month of March had started to melt away the snow from the ground, revealing a fresh patch of green grass under the layer of white. And with Summer approaching, the sun was her enemy.

During the colder months, Dorran was always shirtless now when the atmosphere was a lot hotter, he opted to wear his skinny shorts, and sometimes, he would eighty-six the shorts and only wear boxers.

This time, Selena was surprised why he was late. It wasn’t like him, especially when it was already an hour past noon and he was nowhere to be seen the whole morning.

She wasn’t worried, in fact, she hoped he was bitten by a snake. That would certainly reduce his ego meter by a mile.

If only he would refrain from showcasing his noodle bulge in the front of his face then she would consider respecting him. No amount of sexual allure could pull her in, not when it was coming from Dorran.

Selena waited for half an hour before deciding to go home and rest. As she was about to stand, a wolf with black fur stalked towards her. Its paws were big, ginormous even. As it threaded towards her, she saw a pair of boxers hanging off his mouth. Immediately, the sudden jolt of fear she caught before turned to dust.

Despite how threatening the wolf looked, she knew who it was.

She watched the wolf shed its skin slowly as it turned from wolf to human. In a matter of minutes, she was looking at Dorran’s completely naked person.

“Hey,” he greets.

She kissed her teeth in disappointment.

“Please kindly remove your manhood in front of me.”

As the crass man he was, Dorran smirked as he put on his boxers all the while watching her intently. She groans.

“Where have you been?” She asked. “You weren’t in the tent or the training ground.”

“Ah, you were worried about me, it seems?” He quipped.

“Worried?” she scoffed. “I had hoped you had already fallen from a ridge.”

His boyish laugh irritated her. He had never once taken her seriously. Her threats were as meaningless as his attempts to woo her.

“Calm down, my Luna. This might be surprising but I do have a life outside of you.” He answered.

Disdainfully, she rolled her eyes. His tactlessness and more than friendly attitude were all easy reasons why she disliked him. Though she admitted that his foolish grin would always calm her a little bit after a rough day of training.