Chapter 2 - Monstadt [Unedited]

A/N: i'm hoping this is better than the last chapter-

.

.

.

You finally made it to Monstadt. It wasn't as far as you expected, but you did run into another small camp of hilichurls. You used your new weapon, and it was really easy to fight them off. You took sparring classes back on Earth, so you were already pretty experienced. 

It was nighttime at this point. Walking to the gates, you saw the two regular Knights posted there. When you were about to go in, two spears blocked your way. 

"No travelers are allowed into Monstadt at the time being, per Acting Grand Master's orders." Said one of them. 

You huffed, and walked away. New plan. 

You sneaked around the side, putting my hood on and vanishing. You tried to keep to the shadows, but saw 2 knights coming around the side. You mentally cursed, and moved to the edge of the lake around Monstadt. 

"I'll probably regret this later," You grumbled, slipping into the water. You silently swam around to the side of Monstadt, then grasped onto the rock and climbed back onto dry land. You tried getting the water out, but the water was still dripping off. 

"Get off me!" You whisper-shouted, angrily squeezing your dress. All of a sudden, the water just came off you and onto the ground. 

You stared at your now dry clothes. You'd rather not question it and turned to the looming Monstadt walls. 

After a hefty workout, you grabbed the top and hoisted yourself onto the walkway of the wall. You peered down, seeing the ground below an empty alley, and you threw your hood back. You fell down, landing swiftly, but got kicked in the back. You fell forward, and the unknown person put their foot on your back. 

"Not as stealthy as you thought, trespasser." The cold voice said. Shit, you recognized that voice. 

You kicked their leg behind you, making them slip. You quickly rolled away, a bow beginning to form in your left hand. What is up with these gold weapons- it was a Skyward Harp. But like your sword, the glow was white instead of blue. 

You pulled the string back, readying an arrow. The arrowhead glowed white, charging up. White sparks were falling off. 

When you looked at the man, your suspicions were correct. And a pat on the back for being able to hit him. 

Diluc's cold red eyes bore into you, his claymore appearing in his hand. "Put the bow down." 

You grinned. "No." 

You released, the arrow streaking towards him, and you turned and ran. Diluc's eyes widened, but you let the arrow dissolve before it hit him. 

Diluc cursed, giving chase. You had gotten lots of distance though, heading to the Cathedral. You climbed the walls, seeing Diluc start climbing behind you. You ran across the roof, sliding to a stop at the edge. You peered down. Quite a long way. 

"Just turn yourself in. It's not as hard as it seems." Diluc tried, coming forward. I readied another arrow, but my focus was off, so no magic was charged into it. The arrow bumped into his chest. 

A whisper of wind went into your ear, a soft voice echoing through you.

"Ju...mp.....i.... c.a....t.c..h... yo....u..."  You recognized it as Venti, wondering why he was basically admitting that he was the Anemo Archon. But you didn't question it, since you needed a way out. 

You let your left foot dangle over the edge. Diluc's eyes widened in panic. 

"Don't!" He yelled, reaching out for your wrist. But you already put your weight off the edge, starting to fall. A flurry of feathers flew in front of Diluc, covering you from his gaze. A gently breeze pushed your back and sides, guiding you away. 

You landed in front of Venti's statue, releasing the breath you didn't realize you were holding. You gazed up at the statue, mentally thanking him, then quickly walked off. 

You tried not to be suspicious as you walked through Monstadt. You didn't know where to go, so you made a sharp turn and went into an alley, dropping down from a ledge. You peeked around, then sighed in relief. 

"Hello again, y/n!" 

You spun around again to see Venti sitting at the ledge. He was smiling happily. 

"Quite a chase back there, eh? I saw it from the top of the statue of Barbatos." Venti said, leaning back on his hands.

"Geez, what does the bard want with me?" You questioned, a bit tired and just wanting peace and quiet.

"I just want to speak to you about something specific," Venti said, that carefree smile continuing to grace his lips. 

"Oh? Overconfident now, are we?" You smirked, adding a flirtatious tint to your honey-laced voice. 

Venti leaned his face closer to yours, his warm breath breezing against your face. "If you wanna take it that way.. I don't mind~" He cooed, matching your smirk. The smirk widened when you blushed a bit. (bro, should i get her together with venti- say AY if yes)

You scoffed, trying to cover up the red tint on your cheeks. "I was just j-joking, bard," 

"No fun~" Venti whined, dropping down in front of the wall. You stepped back to give him more room. "Now, that thing I was going to ask about. Where are you from originally? And how old are you?" 

You rose an eyebrow at the lyre player. "Better not be planning to do any illegal shit, Venti." 

The bard choked. "No, no! That would be sinful, considering the fact that I'm the An-aMAZing bard of Monstadt." He cleared his throat. "There's just something that I find rather recognizable about you." 

"Well, I did fall into this world, and I'm only 17. So you probably mistook me for someone else." 

Venti's eyebrows furrowed, frustration and confusion clouding his thoughts. He swore that you were familiar, with the elemental power that you had. Even the way you had fallen out of the sky, like the others...

You noticed his stress, and came forward, cupping his face with your hands. "Hey, are you o-" As soon as you touched him, the vision dangling from his waist shined blindingly bright, making you cover your eyes and stumble backwards. Like you had been staring at the sun on a clear day for hours. 

"Oh my Archons- are you alright?" Venti asked, rushing forward. "I'm so sorry, that's never happened before." 

What he didn't say was that there had been a message in his mind. 

' ' The Archon of Cynthis has returned. ' ' 

.

.

Well- yeah-

I'm excited for the next chapter :D