Chapter 17

***ELIAS WOLFE'S POV***

She's gone. I watched her leave and I couldn't do anything about it. Seeing the tears fall down her face as she was running out felt like I got stabbed right through the heart.

Fuck.

She hates me. She'll never forgive me. I should've reached out to her. I should've said anything other than for her to leave. But, I know Antonia. She's ruthless and cruel and would kill her without a second thought.

We were arranged to be married by both our fathers. I've known Antonia for years and yes we did fuck a few times, but I never cared for her. I never wanted to marry her.

Last year, I got the call from my father that I am to marry Antonia the moment he retires. I was so mad I nearly beat the doorman to death just because he was the first person I saw. I didn't feel bad. I don't think when I'm mad. Just like how I'm not thinking right now when I look at Antonia.

I approach her and tightly wrap my hand around her neck and shove her into the door, lifting her so she isn't touching the floor.

"I should kill you." I spit out. Fury is becoming me. I can't think clearly. All I'm seeing in my head is Mia leaving.

"I should snap your neck right now and leave you here for your father to find." I can hear her choking for air and it makes me smile.

"You kill me and you will start a war between both families." She chokes out. "The only way out of this engagement is death, so kill me. But if you kill me, prepare for war."

I think about it for a minute.

She's right. I can't start a war. It will turn into a blood bath.

I let go of her neck and she drops on the floor gasping for air.

"What are you doing here, Antonia?" I turn around so I'm not looking at her because I'm afraid if I do, I might actually kill her.

"I just wanted to see what you were up to." She says between breaths. "I know you're teaching at the university around the corner, is that where you found that whore?" I can hear the jealously in her voice. I told her the moment it was announced we were to be married that I did not love her and that I was not going to be faithful to her.

She said she didn't care and that she only cared about the power, but every girl she saw me with, she killed. That makes me worried for Mia. I have to keep my emotions at bay. If she senses that I care for her, then she will make Mia's death slow and painful just to hurt me. I take a deep breath and turn back to Antonia.

"She means absolutely nothing. Just someone to fuck my stress away." I tell her with a blank face. She starts slowly walking towards me, swaying her hips.

She looks fucking ridiculous.

"Well baby, I'm here now. You don't need anyone else." She tries to put her hands on my chest but I grab her wrists and twist them. She lets out a yelp and my face turns cold and angry. "Don't fucking touch me bitch." And I let go and walk to the kitchen to pour myself some whiskey. It's ten in the morning, but I need some alcohol for this conversation.

"Ugh! you're so fucking annoying Elias." She huffs and walks up to the island to sit down on one of the stools. The one Mia was sitting in just a few hours ago. My grip on my glass tightens.

"What do you want?" I say more annoyed now. She rolls her eyes but starts talking, "Your father wants you to come back sooner rather than later. He was talking with my father and they want to move up the wedding." She states. This time, the glass in my hands breaks.