《T W E L V E》

《CHAPTER TWELVE》

《CHAPTER TWELVE》

《WARNINGS: SLIGHT GORE, EMOTIONAL MANIPULATION》

    "OI, ONEE-CHAN!"

The woman froze. Her steps came to a halt before she quickly whipped around. She seized the woman by her throat. 

“Woah! Hey!” Neoma said, raising her hands up in defense. “I just came to talk with ya! I ain’t gonna do nothin’!”

“You’re ballsy coming to me head on,” Y/n spat, slowly removing her hand. 

Neoma shoved her hands in the pockets of her jacket. “I just want to talk. No fighting. No techniques. Just two sisters talking. So don’t make a big deal. We are in public, Y/n.”

Y/n glared at her for a moment, looking over where the four students sat near the fountain, discussing the curses they just exorcised. She looked back to Neoma. She put her hands in her pockets. 

“You have fifteen minutes, and that’s it.”

“Rawr. Retract the claws miss thing,” Neoma chuckled. “I wanted to talk with you about Shota.”

“What about him?” She asked, frowning. 

“Before I say anything,” The older woman said, holding a hand up. “Do you know what happened on August 22nd, 1994? You were only three, but I know you would remember what happened then.”

“No?” She quirked a brow. 

“So he did keep it a secret,” Neoma said. “Do you know why you can’t remember it, Y/n?”

“Cause I was young? What the hell are you talking about, Neoma?” She said. 

“The reason you can’t remember…" Neoma leaned forward pressing a finger to the woman’s forehead. “...is because Shota made me erase what happened that day.”

Her eyes slightly widened. “W-What?”

“On August 22nd, 1994, you killed Shota.”

Y/n’s entire body froze up. Her breath hitched in her throat. Her eyes went wide. Neoma watched this, a small frown on her lips. 

“W-What?” Y/n repeated shakily. 

“It was a pure accident, don’t get me wrong,” Neoma said, holding her hand up. “You were suddenly thrust into a life threatening position. Our home was invaded with a curse that had slipped past the barrier without any of us realizing it. It cornered you, and your Devil’s Eyes activated for the very first time. Shota was the first one to find you, and in fear, you accidentally killed him.”

Y/n’s gaze shook, her hands trembling in her pockets. Neoma shifted her weight, replacing her hands back into her jacket. 

“When I first saw him, he was a mangled mess. Blood was all over the walls, on your hands, and on your face. I’ll be truthfully honest, I was going to kill you where you stood. But Juno acted faster and used a reversal technique on Shota. He immediately ran to me, begging for me to spare you. ‘She’s scared!’ He yelled at me. Even after you killed him, he still tried to protect you. He got on his hands and knees in front of me and begged me to erase your memory of the entire day. And I did.”