~92~

Brighid was sound a sleep when a cry from Jenny's room caused her to jump up out of bed and rush down the hall.

"Jenny?" Brighid muttered flashing the light on.

"I saw Grandpa Dan" Jenny cried out. Brighid looked behind her to find Jake, slowly shuffling his feet down the hall, rubbing his eyes.

"What's the matter?" Jake asked.

"I saw Grandpa Dan. He was hiding under the bed" Jenny explained again. Brighid and Jake exchanged a look with each other.

"Grandpa Dan lives far away, Jenny. There's no need to worry" Brighid said trying to sooth the child.

"No, Jamie said that Grandpa Dan is in jail. He did a bad thing" Jenny said. Brighid and Jake exchanged another look this time more concerned. Brighid was going to have to talk to Nathan in the morning.

"Come on" Jake said slightly sleepy still. The two ushered the child into their bed for the remainder of the night.

In the morning Brighid drove over to Nathan's house to settle this once and for all. She stood on the front door step, knocking on the door.

"Brig?" Nathan asked as he opened the door.

"Can we talk? Jenny told Jake and I that Jamie told her Dan was in jail. She's having nightmares now. Did you tell him?" Brighid explained. Nathan shook his head before sighing.

"Jamie had a nightmare last night too. He told us Skills had said something. I didn't know he told Jenny too. We are going to talk to Skills" Nathan said hobbling to grab his car keys. "I'm driving" Nathan said as the two walked to the car.

He drove Brighid to Skills and Mouth's apartment.

"Did you tell Jamie my dad's in prison?" Nathan asked as he barged in. Brighid following behind him.

"Maybe"

"Well great" Brighid muttered. She knew Jenny would probably be scared for the rest of her life.

"Why?" Nathan asked all serious.

"Because he's in prison. Why what did you tell him?" Skills asked as he ate his cereal. Nathan hobbled over closer to Skills.

"We said he was dead" Nathan explained.

"We told Jenny he lived far away, which wasn't much of a lie compared to you" Brighid said looking at her brother.

"Man, he told Jenny too. How am I supposed to know that? He be asking me stuff" Skills said trying to defend himself.

"You have to lie to him, man. He's having nightmares now" Nathan said.

"Lying is bad just save the answers for us" Brighid said. Nathan rolled his eyes at her goody two shoes response. "Just stay clear about the whole Dan thing until we figure this out"

Nathan shook his head agreeing with his sister. Skills also agreed to not say anything more.

———

Later that day Brighid and Haley walked into her house to find it empty and quiet. The two had gone out to lunch to talk and catch up.

"Where is everyone?" Haley asked. The two walked outside to find Jenny and Jamie in the pool with Nathan and Carrie who was far less clothed than the rest of them. Brighid could immediately sense Haley wasn't happy and went and retrieved her daughter.

"Thank you again" Brighid muttered to the Nanny as she dried Jenny off and ushered inside to change. As they drove home Brighid asked a few questions.

"What was Nanny Carrie doing in the pool?" Brighid asked her daughter as she glanced back through the rearview mirror.

"Just playing. Uncle Nate was in the pool before us" Jenny innocently said. Brighid didn't want to push the issue. She continued to drive to the house when Brooke called.

"Hello?"

"Hey B. Scott. Does tomorrow work for the shoot?" Brooke asked.

Brighid had completely forgot about that.

"Yeah. I can drop Jenny off at school and have Carrie pick her up" Brighid said.

"Great see you tomorrow"

Brighid sighed feeling extremely nervous. Modeling was far from being a comfort, but being the great friend she was she didn't want to let Brooke down. She looked back at Jenny who was playing with her dolls.