Chapter 13: The Past

Sorry it took more than 3 months, that's my fault. Been very busy. Anyway hopefully you enjoy this chapter.

~The next morning~

Carmen Sandiego POV
I walked out of my room and was suprised by everyone is awake. "Morning, sleepyhead." Gray greeted me.

I look at the time and it's 8 in the morning already. "Is everyone awake?" "Yeah, except for Harry. He's still in his room" Julia told me.

Than suddenly he appeared. "What are you guys talking about?" "Um.. nothing. Why are not wearing a shirt?" Julia changes the topic.

We could see this body, his back is filled with tattoos. Same with both his arms. He noticed us staring at it "I got it during my mafia life" "Wait what!"

I wanted to know more but than there's a knock on the door. "That must be the room service I called earlier". Without even covering his body he casually opens the door.

"Yes, come in" he said before letting a few of them in. They push in trays of food and set it up on the dining table. It's like a buffet. "What are you guys waiting for? Eat up, we're leaving soon". As everyone taking their sit.

Harry tipped the room service, each of them get £200. The joy on their faces when they received it and keep saying thank you to him. When he closed the door, I sneak back to join the rest.

"Where have you been?" Shadowsan ask before sipping his coffee. "Oh I just went to wash my face" "Carmen you need to try this!" Zack pass the plate of food to me.

Harry arrive and took a sit at the end of the table.

"Can we know about your past?" I ask.He sigh "Fine but after breakfast we're leaving."

~FLASHBACK~

Harrison POV
"Seriously dad! You can't do that!" Twelve year old me after finding out that my dad put an innocent man in prison,again.

"I can do what ever I want. You think I care about them? You're pathetic orphan. money is everything." He said to me. Every time he said that O word it stinks me in my heart. "How much did they pay you!" My 'mom' is more excited about the money. "£1.5 million" he said with proud as if he just won the lottery.

"That's amazing dad!" "I am, so son if you going to accept a bribe make sure it's a big one" "Noted" my 'older brother' writing everything down.

"You always says you do this for justice and not money! The law firm is an embarrassment!" I think I  snapped him. Without any hesitation he slap me, hard. "You should be grateful! You unappreciative child! Go to your room before I throw you out to the street where you actually belong!". I spat the blood in my mouth on the floor.

I stood back up and keep a straight face and show him the middle finger before going to my room. I even slam the door of my room to show my anger.

It's already been 3 years since I got adopted by them, yes the family is rich, we live in a mansion, luxury cars, brand clothes but I would rather stay at the orphanage instead living with blood money.

How they earned that money, is with false accusations and bribery. Putting innocent people in prison or getting a criminal look like angel. I'm sick of this.

Put my phone on the study table and shows it recorded all of the conversation. I smirk "I think that would be enough." I pull out a box full of evidence against him.

I've been working with an International Corruption Unit agent for a few months. "Meet me at the usual spot at 9pm." I texted her.

~That night~

I sneak out that night and take a taxi to the meeting spot. When I arrive she was already there. She was a young lady probably in her mid twenties. "You got it kid?" "You're surprisingly early." I joked.

"Here the evidence." I place the box on her car. She check it, "This will put him in prison for a long time." She was more excited than me. "So can you drive me away?" I smiled "It's part of the deal remember. Hop in" she drove me far away. Before I knew it I fell asleep. When I woke up we arrive at the apartment I bought secretly with his money.

"Thanks for the ride." I thanked her.

The next morning, I heard a knock on the door and the agent was there "What are you doing here!" "You think I would drive a few more hours at 1 in the morning?" "But the...." "Don't worry, I already drop it off when you were asleep." She tapped my nose "Stop that!" .

She giggled "Let's have some breakfast, as a farewell party" and after that we never saw eachother again.

~Back to present~

Carmen Sandiego POV
"What happened to that lawyer!" Zack slammed the table "Oh he got caught. I think he got sentenced to 45 years. And the law firm went bankrupt." While continue to eat.

"So how did you meet your partner?" He looks at me "You mean Alexis?" "Oh, that's her name and yeah"

~Flashback again~

Harrison POV
What should I do now? I thought to myself. At this moment, it's already been a week. I can't keep on spending, the money in the bag won't last forever (he had stolen £50 000 from he's adoptive dad which he kept in a safe in the house).

I was walking back to my apartment after I ate dinner. It's was a cold night, so I decided to bought two nice hot cup coffee, one for the walk and another to drink at home.

Soon after I continue my walk, when suddenly a heard a little girl screaming asking for help. I  immediately went to search for it. I found it, it's in a house nearby and without even trying to make sure it's safe I kick the door open.

There's a man holding the girl by her hair, he turned his attention to me "You shouldn't come here boy!" And charge towards me. I throw my hot cup of coffee at his face and he scream while covering his face. I took a chair nearby and hit him, the chair broke and he went unconscious.

I approached the little girl, she seems as the same age as me, I noticed a bag pack near ner. So I just pull her with me and ran back to my apartment. 

It took her some time to get use with me but after awhile, we became close.

Then one night, we went dinner outside. The most unexpected thing happened, her father suddenly appear. "I've finally found you" he crack his knuckles "I'm gonna beat you hard little boy!"

I use my body to defend her, I close my eyes to get ready to be beaten up. But it never happened, I opened it and someone is grabbing his wrist. "Let go of me!" "I wish, but you're going to hurt the children so I won't" he tried to loose but couldn't. "By the way, my boss told me to do this" and immediately the mysterious man pulled out a pistol and shot him a couple of times.

When we open our eyes, he was on the floor and probably dead. The mysterious man approach us. "It's alright now. Come, my boss is waiting for you." He hold my hand and I hold hers. He walk us to a limo across the street.

We got in and there was a man in his 40s. "You kids aren't supposed to be alone, this is a very dangerous place." We kept silent "Ah, must be a run away. How about you guys tell me your stories"

So we told him. "Interesting but this is no place for kids.... I'm taking you guys in from now on" he said. The limo suddenly stops and we are in front of a mansion.

~End of flashback~

"And the rest is history" he than stood up "Get ready, we're leaving soon" and walks to his room.