Chapter 6

Madelaina :

I am currently in my closet, staring at three dresses that lie on an ottoman, which stands in the middle of the large room.

Three dresses.

One blue.

One purple.

One red.

Each beautiful in their own way.

All flawed in some way as well.

Just like people.

Just like....

No.

Not the time.

I have been standing here for twenty minutes and still haven't made a decision.

A soft tap sounds against the window that overlooks the courtyard, luring me to it.

I place my hands on the window and press my face against the glass.

It is early evening now, around five o'clock and I can see the stablemen tending to the horses as well as more servants roaming around the area, lighting lanterns and sweeping the ground.

I look up to see dark clouds forming in the sky. A drizzle already making its descent.

I smile to myself.

I love the rain.

I open the window a little, just enough that no water can  get inside.

Walking back towards the dresses, a cool breeze now brushing against my back, I take another look outside.

Black it is.

After a long time staring in front of the mirror, debating whether or not I should change my outfit or my hair or my shoes, I decide to leave my room before my head explodes

Saying goodbye to Salem, I take my phone from it's charger and put it into the hidden pocket in my dress.

I go to close the door, leaving it slightly open in case Salem wants to leave my room and freeze in realisation.

The blond girl.

She was in the window.

Our neighbours window.

Lucas's house.

That means....

I shake my head.

Doesn't matter. Forget about it.

I don't care.

I make my way to Alessia's room, seeing mamma instructing the maid, who's doing my sisters hair.

She turns at the click of my heels on the floor.

"Oh Madelaina , you look beautiful."

"Grazie, mamma. So do you."