twelve.

chapter twelve

[ season 2 | episode 6 ][ frenemy ]

[ frenemy ]

DEREK WAS WRONG. Somehow, when they'd tested him, Jackson managed to paralyze himself and throw everyone off his track, meaning nobody would question him again. Because, if Derek wasn't worried, why should anyone else be? After all, he was the professional.

If Jackson was the kanima, it meant that he was responsible for all those deaths. He was the thing Marley saw when she followed Isaac into that alley; she heard him tear Mr. Lahey apart. He lowered the car onto the guy in the workshop with Stiles. Jackson, whether he knew it or not, was a murderer. All he wanted, all he asked for, was to become a werewolf. Instead, he was stuck with another side of him that he didn't even know existed.

And it also meant that Marley would probably end up having to kill Jackass Shittemore. The guy who laughed at her in the eighth grade.

In the backseat of Allison's car, she listened to the silence all the way to Lydia's house. There was tension lining the particles of air, every single atom suffocating her and refusing to relent. She felt it stick to her, like a coat of spilled soda. It clung to her clothes, hanging off of her body like a shirt on a hanger. Once they reached Lydia's mansion, the car slowed to a stop. The doors stayed locked.

Allison sighed, running a pale hand through her brown curls and facing her confused best friend. "I need you to promise that you won't say anything about what just happened."

Giving her a look, Lydia turned in her chair. She stared at Marley for a second before facing her house and scoffing. "I'll promise not to say anything about what just happened if you can tell me what the hell just happened." At the confusion and fear in her words, Marley's heart jumped. She felt bad for keeping Lydia in the dark, especially after she'd been thrown in the middle of everything.

"It's— it's kind of complicated," Allison said, trying her best to ease and diffuse the situation without revealing the supernatural.

Green eyes rolled, strawberry blonde hair shoved backwards. "Well, how 'bout you start with why was Derek there?" Lydia faced them both, shifting in her seat so she could see the back and driver seat. "Or where Jackson went, or what is wrong with Erica? Hell, even why are you so buddy buddy with Marlowe St. Claire, who I've never even spoken to, now?"

          Allison and Marley both stayed quiet, not knowing how to calm her or answer the onslaught of questions. "Oh, do you two need a minute to come up with a plausible lie?"