Chapter Twenty-One

Xanthos Archante

"Akira Montreal North?" I asked and held my chin.

What a perfect timing.

"Yeah, you know who she is, right? She's Kairo North's wife," Xceron said and crossed his arms. "What are you planning to do now?"

I smirked while looking at Akira North from the ground floor who's currently talking to one of my employees. She'll be the representative of NTC. This will be the perfect opportunity.

"I'll start with her. She's not in good terms with her Kairo, right?" I asked. Xceron nodded.

"Yeah, based on Cadence... They're on verge of divorcing. What they have was just a marriage of convenience after all."

Akira North...

I didn't take my eyes off Akira during the meeting. She seems professional, she's a Montreal after all. I sighed and played with my pen. I need to follow my plan, if anything goes wrong. I don't have a choice but to kill her.

"Mrs. North," I called her when we're the only ones left in the meeting room.

She looked at me with uneasy eyes. She seems uncomfortable with my presence.

"You did a great job earlier," I said and smiled at her.

Akira gave me a shy smile. "Thank you."

"Why don't we talk about your proposal more? Let's have a dinner together," I said and sat on the table, near her.

Damn, I just hope this will work.

Akira looked at me with widened eyes. I just smiled at her, waiting for her answer. I did my best to hid my smirk when her face reddened. I knew it, someone like her who was stucked at a loveless marriage is still looking for love. She just made my plan easier.

"Your husband is the worst," I said and sipped on my wine while staring at her.

I actually didn't listen that much at her gibberish the whole time. I need to play a gentleman role here even though I don't want to.

Akira sighed. "I just want to end everything with him."

I held her hand on top of the table. She was taken aback and looked at me with widened eyes. I smiled at her and stared directly at her eyes.

"Do you need my help? I'll help you in any ways I can," I said, I did my best to sound sincere as much as possible.

"W-What are you doing to a married woman, Mr. Archante?" she asked nervously. She took her hand from me and avoided my gaze.

"Married woman? Your husband never treated you like one. Why don't you just leave him?" I leaned my back while staring at her intently.

"Even though I want to, I can't do that just like that." She let out a heavy sigh.

I know she'd say that. Montreal Corp. is surviving because of Kairo North's help and connection. Montreal will not survive the business world once they ended their marriage. 

"I told you earlier that I'll help you, right? You're the sole owner of Montreal, everything must be too much for you to handle." I smiled at her. "I'll help you, I will help Montreal Corp. so that you won't need NTC or Kairo North's help anymore."