Chapter 10 - Ninja Technique

Jyugo: "Hey, there any particular reason why you're following me around? Cause I thought we were having a contest here."

Tsukumo: "It is the shinobi way to act as a shadow. Get it? I'm shadowing you."

Jyugo: "Okay...? Is this how you always escape? Just follow somebody who can handle all the hard parts?"

Tsukumo: "Hmph... I can handle the hard parts. But I've no cause to show my hand just yet."

He sighed.

Jyugo: "Fine. But why are you four here too?"

Uno, Rock and Nico followed them. Nico carried me on his back.

Rock: "Cause you're having a contest."

Uno: "If you want to fairly determine who the best escape artist is, you're gonna need judges."

Nico: "I wanna see some ninjitsu! Also, we're trying to get Jinx used to the new guy."

I nodded. It wasn't long before we all came to our first locked door.

Uno: "Look at that, they switched out the lock again."

Rock: "So they did."

Nico: "Looks fancy."

Jinx: "Can you do it, Jyugo?"

He smiled.

Jyugo: "Course I can."

He bends down and messes with it until it unlocks.

Uno: "They shouldn't have bothered."

We keep walking until I smell something.

Jinx: "Everyone stop! Another laser trap."

Uno pulled out a playing card and threw it. This time, it disintegrated when it hit the ground.

Uno: "Step cautiously or else you'll end up like that card."

I turned my head to Jyugo. He winked at me, and I smiled, getting the message. I smelled the air until I caught the scent of guard. I subtly point to the spot on the wall. He feels around, presses a spot and a keypad pops out. He unlocks it and gives us a thumbs up.

Nico: "Woah! How did you know where that was?"

Rock: "Nice work."

We kept going until I hear footsteps coming from ahead.

Jinx: "Jyugo, Ninja guy, I hear footsteps... it's Yamato."

Tsukumo: "I don't hear anything."

My brothers hid around a corner. Rock pulled Tsukumo in too. After a minute, we heard Yamato bunny hop past.

Tsukumo: "How did you-?"

Uno smiled and ruffled my hair.

Uno: "Isn't she great?"

I giggled.

Jyugo: "So do I win yet? Because all he's done so far is follow me. I might as well be breaking out of here all by myself!"

Rock: "So should we call the match then?"

Hajime: "Yeah! Why don't you do that!"

We jumped and turned. Hajime appeared from around a corner. I slid down Nico's back and stood with them.