- e i g h t -

Lukas POV

I looked down at Grayson while I carried him to my truck. He was pale and awfully warm. He looked like he's been to hell and back and I'm sure he feels worse.

A consequence of his own actions.

You can't go around trying to sleep with people who aren't your mate. The consequences are severe, plus, you physically can't.

It hurt to find out what Grayson has been up to. It sent my wolf into a rage. When he didn't come home when he was supposed to from soccer, I knew exactly what was happening. He had ran.

I sent scouts all over the city to try and find him. We had eyes on him the second he stepped into that hotel. We tracked everywhere he went, everyone he talked to, and I should've stepped in sooner but I was so caught up in meetings with Alpha Quinn I decided he could take care of himself for a night.

Apparently not.

Don't get me wrong, I'm livid. He cheated on me. The one person who's supposed to be all mine is basically rejecting me. He's going to have to try a lot harder to get me to stop trying to love him.

However, I feel more disappointed than anything. I am trying to see his perspective on the matter to at least see where he is coming from and I hate it. I want him to see mine instead but he's just a kid. He is going to act and think like a kid.

An immature, hot-headed kid who has zero respect for anyone but himself.

I glanced down at the blond-headed boy. A deep scowl took over his face and he was glaring down at his hands. He can be upset all he wants but I let him have his fun now it's time to learn a few rules and who he shouldn't mess with on behalf of one—his safety and two—his health.

We make it down to my truck after receiving a lot of stares. I held Grayson with one arm as the other fished into the pockets of my jeans to find my keys.

The shift in balance made Grayson suddenly wrap his arms around my neck tightly and his eyes widened. Someone doesn't trust my strength. Little does he know to me, he's as light as a feather. It's not like I'd let him fall anyways. He's already severely ill, we don't need to add a head injury to the mix.

I unlock the truck and open the door to the passenger side. I carefully slide Grayson into the seat carefully avoiding hitting his head on the door.

Almost instantly, his eyes screwed shut in pain. His arms wrapped around his stomach and he squeezed tightly, hoping the pressure would make the pain ease up.

Poor babe.

As much as he will not appreciate it, the next few days maybe even week we will be spending lots and lots of time together. Of course so we can bond as mates and he can start seeing me as a mate opposed to an enemy, but also my touch is the only thing healing him right now.

I need to constantly be touching him and talking with him in order for his body to calm down and reset.

I'm sure he'll be a joy to be with.

I try to wrap the seatbelt around his now curled up body but it doesn't work considering it isn't meant to wrap around knees.

"Grayson, I need you to relax yourself and sit normally just for a minute, okay? You need to wear a seatbelt for your safety. Okay babes?"

"Don't call me babes," he mumbled, "and stop babying me. I'm fully capable of taking care of myself."

Yeah because you're recent actions really prove that.

"I'm going to baby you because you and I both know you aren't exactly yourself right now. I need you to let me help you at least until you are better. Now put your legs down," I demanded.

He hesitated but complied.

Good boy.

I easily wrap the seatbelt around his slightly shaky body and click it into the buckle. Our first accomplishment.

I shut the door to the passenger side and hurry around to my side before he decided to jump out of the car.  I wouldn't put it past him.

As soon as I get in I lock the doors. I look over at Grayson as he pulled one of his knees back up to his chest and wrapped his arms around it. His leaned his head against the window and shut his eyes.

"Can you turn on the AC or something. It's hot as fuck in here," he groaned.

It's the middle of October. He shouldn't be hot. I'm confirming that he does have a fever. I'm also confirming that he has a dirty mouth and over-uses swear words and I do not like it. Might have to set up a system to control and stop that.

I let the word slide for now knowing he's cranky from feeling terrible. I turn on the AC due to his request and start driving.

I glance at Grayson a few minutes into our drive and his blinks are slow and heavy but his breathing is panting.

"Sleep for a bit Gray. You'll feel better when you wake up, okay bud?" I say softly and he doesn't do anything in response except shut his eyes. His breathing was still ragged but became slower. He's asleep.

I smile to myself. Finally, some calm in the storm. I reach back into the backseat without taking my eyes off the road and try to grab the throw blanket that I know is back there.

It takes me a few tries but I finally find it and I pull it towards me. The best I could, I wrap the blanket around Grayson with one arm and without taking my eyes off the road to much.

I take one of his hands from wrapped around his leg and slowly bring it to the center console. His leg doesn't fall and he doesn't stir. Perfect.

I interlace my fingers with his and smile as the sparks fly across our skin.

Now he won't get to cold, he's getting some much needed rest, and I can start healing him without him fighting me. Plus, I get to hold his hand.

A part of me is giddy and excited, I feel like a little kid on a sugar high. I could get really used to this.