Chapter 14

Day broke once again as you woke to the strange room you had rented out for the night, soft snores came from beside you as you remembered the events of last night, despite going through something yourself you didn't want to just leave your only friend to suffer another sleepless night. He was in a deep sleep so even your shifting didn't wake him.

Techno had turned the other side in the night so you could see his knotted pink hair from tossing in his sleep. The sight made you sad that his beautifully vibrant body was so tangled. Then you came up with a genius idea, getting up as quietly as you could. You took some money from Technos satchel and made your way out of the room.

It was still early so the downstairs bar was empty, with only a few barkeeps sweeping up the mess from last knights festivities. With light feet you snuck out of the Inn, flipping up your hood and racing to the nearby market Techno took you to yesterday.

The early morning markets were bustling with people buying supplies for the day, you guessed it, tourist towns like this always had people coming in and out so the residents had to keep stocked up. After some searching you finally found what you were looking for. A beauty and accessories stall, you rushed to the shopkeeper, surprising him.

"What can I do for you?"

"I'd like that please!" You pointed at a beautiful hand carved comb made from bone. Its patterns reminded you of Technos crown, the shopkeep looked at the comb, inspecting it and then you.

"this isn't cheap you know"

"So how much?"

"hm...two big silvers"

You handed him a small gold, which he took handing the comb back as well as three big silvers as change. You had no idea how much that really meant but the comb was so beautifully crafted you didn't care and while admiring its beauty you didn't notice the two men looking in your direction.

You pocketed the comb and started the journey back. The walk to the Inn was mostly uneventful until two mysterious men stood in front of you, blocking the path. They had armour on and a twisted look to them. One of them quickly put an arm around you, scaring you.

"hey there friend~"

"u-um excuse me but...I think you're mistaking me for someone else"

"nope I don't think so"

The men 'guided' you towards an isolated area away from everyone's view. You were so scared that these strangers were touching you that you truly didn't know what to do in this kind of situation. These people had cornered you and worst of all your legs just didn't listen to you.

"Listen kid... You're obviously new around here, you've got a country hick smell to you. So just hand over whatever money you have or we'll cut you up. Simple right?"

The man speaking quickly took out a knife, scaring you more. You couldn't speak, all that courage you got from protecting your friend flew out the window when it came to protecting yourself when you didn't have any weapons yourself.

"are you stupid?! I said hand it over"

The man stood closer pointing his knife towards you, you went to reach into your satchel but you just couldn't. He rolled his eyes roughly grabbing your arm and holding it out.

"w-wait please...just take everything please"

"too late, now I'm pissed"

He dragged the knife down your arm, the pain burned you. It immediately started bleeding as you screamed in pain, tears started streaming down your face. You hated this place, why were these people doing these things to you?! You stared up at them in horror which only made them smile more, they thought this was funny.

"p-please that hurts! W-why are you doing this?!"

They only laughed, the other one grabbed a fist full of your hair about to cut it until another man yelled down the alley.

"Hey you two! Stop messing around and get back to your stations!"

The main man in armour clicked his tongue in annoyance before roughly letting go of your bleeding arm, you clutched it in pain, it was hot and wouldn't stop bleeding. The other let go of your hair and they both walked away as if nothing had happened.

"you're lucky...next time we'll be off duty"

You stood still, too afraid to even move an inch until they were really gone from sight. Once you were sure you were safe you ran as fast as you could, tears streaming from your eyes.

"I-I want to go home..."

More tears rushed down as you finally arrived at the Inn leaning on the door for dear life, the innkeeper saw you and her eyes widened.

"oh hello there! you're from last ni-oh god! You're bleeding!"

Your eyes widened as she rushed you inside and into a seat, stumbling around to find any kind of aid. When she got back with all the healing items and badges she had stocked up. The sight of this little lady in a messy dress, long wavy brunette hair holding so many things made you smile in amusement.

"You poor thing, what on earth happened?!"

She reached out to take your arm, making you recoil in fear. She stopped and looked at you with a sad expression.

"It's okay love, I'm just gonna stop the bleeding...okay?"

You bit your lip, could you really trust this person? What if she turned out to be just like those other people? Their laughing faces came to your head making you wince. The Innkeeper gave you a sympathetic expression before sighing.

"I get it, here take this and patch yourself up then...I don't want a poor thing like you bleeding all over my floor"

You nodded, taking the damp cloth and wiping away the blood. The wound had dried a bit, so it was easier. When you were done applying the paste and bandaging, the innkeep came back with breakfast.

"Last night your pink haired friend paid for breakfast the next day... so eat up!"

She placed the dish in front of you with a kind smile, it was fried eggs, sausage, gravy and fresh bread. The smell was delicious and made you salivate. Your stomach grumbled as you realised that you didn't eat yesterday either, so without a second thought you dug in, the pain melted away from the taste of warm delicious food gracing your palette.

"mmhm, it's so good!"

"don't speak with your mouthful dear..."

You swallowed the food and smiled.

"sorry...thank you for the food, and everything else"

She returned the smile, saying it was her pleasure. After breakfast she took your plate away and asked what the hell had happened to you.

"well...these people cornered me, they were wearing shiny silver armour and-"

"I see, it was the guards... Of course it was those bastards..."

You nodded silently and looked at the cut now wrapped up on your arm. An annoyed spoke from atop the stairs, staring down at you and the innkeep with blood red eyes.

"What bastards?"