10・regress

・2nd pov

"But I thought I cut ties with everyone here

"But I thought I cut ties with everyone here..." you mumbled freely, putting your half eaten dorayaki on the closest counter besides your workspace.

"That might be because of me," Naoto raised his hands up a bit guiltily, "Though it was a bit of a challenge trying to track where you were. I ended up finding it," he began putting his hands out towards you, "My name is Naoto Tachibana, a detective."

"Tachibana, huh?" You repeated as you responded to his handshake. You then turned around where you faced your old colleague, "So? What are you two here for? Cause I sure as hell know you two didn't come here for bikes, did you? Did I do something wrong?"

"Oh, not at all," Naoto shook his head, "Actually, we would like to ask you a few questions regarding the Moebius Incident from a few years ago against the Tokyo Manji Gang. You're a former founding member of Toman, yes?"

"I am..." you nodded, "I'm all ears, what are your questions?"

He sat down the nearest chair next to yours, "In 2005, the leader of Moebius started a conflict between the Tokyo Manji Gang, did the leaders perhaps have anything to do with the cause of Ken Ryuuguji's death?"

You subtly flinched at the name of your deceased friend you missed dearly as you subconsciously rubbed your hand against your tattoo'd wrist.

"If I had to be honest... I barely know anything about it, the others refused to tell me anything about it. One of my most biggest regrets would be definitely skipping out of the battle."

"Then..." Takemichi warily stepped in, "Why did you skip out?"

You paused before scoffing quietly, "My mind is a bit hazy back at that time, but apparently my blood related aunt or whatever wanted to take me in. If it wasn't for her, I would've participated in the battle. It was a waste of my fucking time."

"So do you know absolutely nothing about the conflict?" Naoto asked, tapping his feet, "Didn't the leader of Moebius order one of his members to stab Ken Ryuuguji?"

You scratched the back of your head in thought— when you said you barely knew a thing after the battle, you really meant it. Mikey commanded everyone to seal their lips shut about anything regarding the conflict whenever you asked, causing a argument between you and Mikey.

The two of you were both stubborn and stood at your own stances, which escalated the mild dispute to a full on physical fight between you and him. You lost of course, but your injuries were less than visible.

It was obvious that during the fight, your opponent tried his best to harm you the least he possibly could.

Mikey didn't want to lose another person he cherished.